Chapter Twelve (Edited)

"How do I look?" I asked stepping out of the closet.

"Abbastanza buono da mangiare."

"English please."

"You look good enough eat." He winked.

"I'm serious."

"So am I. You look beautiful."

It's Friday night and Vince was invited to the Mayor's birthday party. He didn't really want to go but Gio reminded him that it was important.

When I found out about it I begged him to let me go. He said no at first but I managed to persuade him.

"We're going to be late if we don't leave now." Gio said from the other side of the door.

"We're coming. Get the car."

I looked myself over in the mirror one last time before grabbing my purse.

I wore an off-shoulder, glittery, gold mermaid gown and matching gold heels. My hair was down in loose curls and I wore only a little bit of makeup.

As we rode into the city I couldn't help but continue to check my phone. I hadn't heard from or seen Adrianna since I saw her in her bedroom five days ago. I called her but she didn't pick up. I went over twice but no one answered the door.

I was very worried about her. Vince told me that it'd be fine but a part of me feared that something had happened to her.

We arrived at the party just five minutes before it started. We made our way inside where we were then escorted to our table.

"Mr. Bianchi, I am so glad that you could make it." Mayor Thompson said approaching our table.

Vince gave him a nod.

"This must be the famous Juliet that I've heard so much about." He then said smiling at me.

I gave him a soft smile back.

He made some more small talk before getting pulled away by other guests.

I scanned the room looking for anyone I knew and almost jumped out of my seat when I saw Adrianna. She was sitting at a table with her father and Nicolai. Her eye seemed to have been healed but I'm pretty sure she had just covered it with makeup.

She saw me staring and gave me a sad smile. I wanted to get up and go to her but I didn't. Vince had a tight grip on my thigh.

"Don't make a scene, Tesoro." He whispered in my ear. "You can find her later or maybe sneak off to the bathroom."

"Don Bianchi, I'm surprised to see you here." An unfamiliar man said walking up.

I didn't know him but judging by the way Vince and Stefano tensed up I could tell he wasn't a good man.

"Cesare, it's good to see you." Vince said.

"Is it?" He asked with a smirk. His eyes then moved over to me. "My name is Cesare and you must be Juliet."

I said and did nothing.

"You have her trained very nicely, Don." The man teased.

"I suggest you find your way back to your own table before I put a bullet in your head." Vince growled.

"No need to get violent. I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to the lady. I'll be seeing you around, Don."

It wasn't until he was on the other side of the room that Vince and Stefano relaxed.

"Friend of yours?"

"Hardly."

Quite a few people approached our table in the next hour. They all greeted Vince and attempted to make small talk but he dismissed them all. He's never been one for small talk.