one-"lets be models and get famous"

"EDS? Are you asleep?" i heard from my bedroom doorway. i sighed, rolling over and sitting up in my bed. "i can't sleep either. what's up?" i patted a spot next to me and watched my younger sister parker close the door behind her.

"mom and dad are fighting. again," she groaned, climbing in the bed. parker and i were always close, so were me and ava. parker and ava, not so much. i think it was just the age gap. parker and i were only a little over a year apart, she was almost thirteen and i was fourteen. whereas ava and i were just under two years, she was turning sixteen next month.

"i wouldn't doubt it. it seems like they always are nowadays," i frowned, earning an agreement from parker. "i wonder who's house ava is staying at tonight," she looked down. ava always ran away from the arguments, parker and i couldn't. we didn't have anywhere to go, we didn't have much friends at school. i had wyatt, but his parents were strict and probably wouldn't let both of us stay the night. i would never leave parker here alone during a time like tonight. we always stuck together.

"i'm guessing her boyfriends," i grabbed my phone, "do you wanna pull an all nighter? it's already three." i stood up and walked over to my light switch, flicking it on.

"sounds great to me! when it gets light out we should have a photo shoot outside," she smiled, putting her hair up in a bun.

"oh yes, lets be models and get famous," i grinned, leaving us both to laugh. we spent the rest of the night trying on clothes and recording dumb videos. i found out that parker has a crush on a boy in my grade, his name was jack and he was friends with wyatt. it seemed like she really liked him, she talked about him so highly even though i knew he wasn't the best person out there. i was jealous of how 'in like' she was with the boy. i hadn't been head over heels for someone for over a year, but he played me. that's fun.

it finally turned light out.

"can we go take pictures now?" parker groaned, laying on her back on the bed with her head and arms dangling off.

"oh yeah, i forgot about that. which outfits should we wear first? i like this one," i gestured to a red tank top and some cute jeans.

"i'll wear something simple, like this?" she shrugged, picking up a t-shirt and dark washed shorts.

"cute! okay, lets get dressed and go outside," i pulled off my oversized t-shirt and adidas shorts and slipped on my jeans and tank top.

11:32 am

after multiple outfit changes, many compliments, and hundreds of photos, parker and i were exhausted. now, we were laying on the couch with the foot rests up. i was texting wyatt, but he had to go to his friend's basketball tournament so i decided to post a picture from today.

 i was texting wyatt, but he had to go to his friend's basketball tournament so i decided to post a picture from today

407 likes
eden i heart my lil sis!!

wyattoleff are you actually on your little sisters back
-eden hmm maybe, thought you had a tournament to watch 😤
-wyattoleff jack is giving me a death glare from the court because i'm not watching him play, gotta blast

p.hipston heart u more sissy
     -eden 💓💓

avahipston cuties!!
     -eden where did u go
     -avahipston bens, i'll be home tonight.

girlfromschool you two are some cuties! we should def talk more xx
     -eden thanks! and yeah we should:))

authors note!!
7/30/18 - 8:59 pm
606 words

currently i'm writing 'out of my league' but i wanted to experiment with a new story!

much love,
karleigh