twenty two-"you were one dumb kid"

"OPEN It, stupid!" grace ordered, making me click on the dm and scan my eyes over it as the three girls huddled over me and read it too.

noahschnapp
hey. i'm really sorry about what i did, now that we're working together i think you deserve an apology. do you wanna meet up some time so i can explain myself?
frick i just realized i worded that wrong, you've deserved an apology this whole time but now that we're working together i realized what i did.

eden
i'm not the only one who deserves an apology.

noahschnapp
huh??

eden
never mind. when do you wanna meet up and where?

noahschnapp
at six tonight, that ice cream shop next to the dollar store?

eden
i'll be there

5:54

"come on guys, we're going to be late if we take any more pictures," i groaned as i looked down the street to try to find noah.

"good, he deserves to be left waiting," grace rolled her eyes, continuing to pose for millie.

"he doesn't even know we're coming?" millie asked, squatting down to get a good angle of grace.

"nope, but he needs to know that i'm not the only one he hurt. if only the guys were here," i shrugged, "can we please go now? we made it so far without pictures and then we saw a nice wall," i shook my head in disappointment.

"she's right guys, let's get going," sadie said, grabbing millie's hand and pulling her off the ground.

we began walking the rest of the way to the ice cream parlor. butterflies were fluttering about in my stomach, i was so nervous. what did he have to say? what if he didn't even show up?

the cold air made goosebumps appear on my skin as grace opened the door to the building, holding it open for the rest of us. i immediately spotted noah, who looked confused as he saw me with my friends instead of being alone.

"i didn't expect you to bring them," he stood up, awkwardly putting his hands in the pockets of his joggers.

"i told you, i wasn't the only one that deserves an apology. wanna sit?" i said confidently, sticking up for my friends.

"yeah, yeah that's fine," he stuttered, sitting in a booth. the four of us girls crammed into one booth, just so none of us had to sit next to him to make it awkward.

"someone can sit with me, you know. only if they want though," noah said in a shy voice.

"it's okay," sadie nodded.

"okay, are you gonna tell us why you ditched all your friends for seven months?" grace raised an eyebrow.

"it's a long story," he looked down.

"you might want to tell us before i smack you across the head," grace said through grimaced teeth, causing me to nudge her.

"well, at first it was just that i didn't have time. i would film for eighteen hours a day, by the time i got home id be too tired to go on my phone at all. and after a week or two, it just became a habit. i grew closer to my cast mates, i thought they were the type of people i needed. but i was so wrong, you guys are the friends i need. my cast mates were fake, they gossiped twenty four seven, they put their friends down. they convinced me i didn't need you guys. but i did, i do. i do need you guys. all of you. you're my real friends, and you were here for me when i needed you."

"wow, you were one dumb kid, noah," millie widened her eyes, i slapped her arm, "sorry!"

"no, it's true. i don't know why i thought like that. i was so fucking stupid," he put his head in his hands, receiving a few dirty looks from adults with children after he cussed.

"you're fine, noah. i don't know about them, but i forgive you," i smiled.

"you do? thanks, eden," he leaned back in the booth with a smile taking over his face.

"i do too," grace spoke up, "but i swear to god if you ever play my best friend like that again, i'll hunt you down and kill you," she squinted, referring to when noah kissed me before he left.

"oh, you told them," he looked from grace to me, then to his lap.

"was i not supposed to?" i furrowed my eyebrows.

"no, no. it's okay," he put a small smile on his face.

"alright, i think this calls for some ice cream," i announced.

authors note!!
8/12/18 - 8:22 pm
773 words

how fucking exciting.

lol ily,
karleigh