three-"social interaction, great"

7:25 pm
edens POV

i sat on a plastic bin in what was supposed to be our new living room. that didn't happen. the moving company was supposed to deliver our new furniture today, but apparently dad made a typo and put august 11th instead of august 1st.

"no, it was a typo! listen, my daughters and i are sitting in an empty house, which is supposed to be a house filled with furniture. i need it here by tomorrow morning or i demand a discount," dad argued through the phone.

parker was obviously fed up with the yelling, so she whispered to me, "do you wanna go on a walk?" i just looked over at her with wide eyes and nodded.

"ava, come on a walk with us," i motioned for her to come here, and she stood up and slid her phone in her pocket.

"dad! we're going on a walk!" i shouted, he just shot us a thumbs up and continued arguing. we opened the front door and soon enough we were down the driveway.

"do you guys like it here so far?" parker looked up at ava and i, holding her soda bottle with both her hands and tapping on it.

"i mean, not really. but i'm hoping it'll be better once we like, get furniture," ava laughed, pulling her leggings up a bit.

"how are you and ben doing?" i asked, taking my hoodie off and tying it around my waist.

"we broke up after i told him i was moving.. but it's okay. i didn't take it too hard, we acted more of best friends than a couple," she shrugged.

"and ben? howd he take it," parker raised her eyebrows.

"yeah... i didn't know a boy could like me so much. his sister told me he didn't leave his bed for three days," she shook her head, causing parker and i to put a surprised look on our faces.

"i can't believe i have to sleep in the basement," parker cringed, "this house better not be haunted or something."

"i'm sure it's not haunted, it was just built," i chuckled, kicking a rock which caused my converse laces to fly all over, "shoot. i need to tie my shoe laces, wait for me!" i squatted down and began to tie it.

"wait, guys. do we even know where we are?" ava looked around with a worried face.

"shit," i mumbled.

"hey, there's a couple of kids over there that we can ask. maybe we can force them to be our friends," parker grinned, wiggling her eyebrows.

"social interaction, great," i groaned, trailing behind my sisters and soon catching up to them.

"hi, i'm ava and these are my sisters," ava smiled, approaching the two boys, "we just moved into the neighborhood today, but we're lost and wondering if you can help us get back home?" the boy that was tall and skinny and had curly hair that reminded me of wyatt's nodded, while the dark skinned boy next to him wasn't so sure about us

"how do we know you're not criminals?" he eyed us down.

"caleb, relax. they're like our age, what do you think they can do?" the taller boy rolled his eyes, "sorry about him."

"you just fucking gave them my name! this is not good, this is not good," he panicked.

"oh my fucking god caleb, relax. my name is finn. do you guys know what your address is?" he smiled, ignoring the boy next to him.

"uh," i mumbled, looking at ava and parker for any suggestions.

"oh! i know we live on like.. wilson street? i think?" parker scrunched her face up and tried to think.

"oh! that's right around the corner," finn smiled, "we can walk you over there."

"finn!" caleb pleaded, throwing his hands in the air.

"ignore him, follow me," we all laughed and trailed behind finn as caleb eyed us down the whole time.

"thanks for walking us home, finn," i said as i was about to follow my sisters in.

"oh, wait!" he stopped me, and i just stared at him, "what's your instagram? i live just down the street and maybe you, me and your sisters can go see a movie or something or just hang out soon."

"it's eden, e-d-e-n."

"okay, thanks!" he replied, heading down the driveway and meeting his friend down there, who probably started scolding him about how dangerous it was that he came up to our doorstep.

when i walked into the house, it was filled with furniture. "wow! this isn't so bad," i looked around at everything.

"i know right," parker agreed, "dad said tomorrow we're going to go shopping for stuff in our rooms," she grinned, earning a big smile from me. i decided i wanted to post something on my instagram, but noticed a certain notification first.

finnwolfhard is now following you!

i smiled to myself and followed him back, looking through my camera roll.

wyattoleff, p.hipston and 412 others liked this
eden i am my own soulmate.

wyattoleff look at my wife. LOOK AT HER.
-eden 💓💓

girlfromoldschool omg you're precious! dm me love
-eden will doooo

jackdgrazer chicago ain't the same w/o you. wyatt won't shut up about how much he misses his bsf
-eden oofooooof

finnwolfhard hey neighbor how coot
-eden don't tell me you're a rawr xD boy pls

avahipston look at my lil sis rockin it
-eden 😙

p.hipston i took selfies w you that night you should've posted one of those
-eden sorrryy ❣️