fifteen-"show utah what you got, schnapp"

DECEMBER 9TH, 2018
11:42 pm

"HEY Eds," parker poked her head in my bedroom, then fully coming in, "i can't sleep, wanna have a sleepover?"

"sure, but i'm tired as hell," i smiled, scooting over and making room next to her in my bed, "why can't you sleep?"

"just missing chicago i guess. i can't sleep if i'm sad," she shrugged, crawling under the covers.

"i'm sad too, we can just be sad together," i sighed, looking through the snapchat stories that popped up.

"why?" she asked with concern in her voice, tucking some hair behind her ear.

"noahs leaving tomorrow," i said with a shaky voice, not wanting to make myself cry again.

"i'm sorry, i know you guys are really close. but hey, i'm your little sis. i'll always be here, right?" she comforted me, tapping her and on my arm.

"thanks, parker. you're right. i still have you, and grace and sadie and finn," i forced a small smile, even though she probably couldn't see it.

"eden, do you like noah?" parker asked casually as she drew an S on a blank screen on snapchat.

"what? pfft. no way," i lied, slamming my phone on my chest.

"don't lie to me," she looked me in the eye, forcing the truth out of me.

"okay, yeah. is it really obvious?" i worried, cracking my knuckles as my face turned red.

"i'm not sure. maybe i just know because you're my sister, maybe i know because it's obvious. the world will never know," she said, causing us both to laugh a little.

"i'm fricken tired as frick," i groaned, shifting my position, "im going to sleep, if i even can. night parker."

"night eds."

10:12 am

"i swear to god, i'm going to miss you so fucking much," i mumbled into noahs chest.

"i'm gonna be a mess without you. who's gonna keep me sane?" he sniffed, wiping a tear as soon as it fell from his eye. this was a weird sight for me, in the three months i've known noah, i've only seen him cry once, and he was only crying because we were watching a dogs purpose.

"maybe if i hug you tight enough, i'll suffocate you so you don't have to leave," i stifled a fake laugh, trying to lighten the mood.

"please do," noah wiped a couple of the tears that fell from my eyes. the others had said their goodbyes the night before, eden insisted she went to the airport with him so she could spend as much time with him as she could.

"i'll be back in three minutes, i have to pee so bad," noahs mom, karine spoke up, pointing to the bathrooms.

"eden, i have something to tell you," his eyes flashed down to his feet and back up to my eyes.

"better tell me fast," i half smiled, "we don't have too much time," i said with a sniff.

"okay, um, i... i uh," he stuttered, right before he quickly looked down at my lips, and then crashed his lips onto mine.

i'd been day dreaming about this moment for weeks. at first i was in shock, but shortly after, i kissed him back. the kiss only lasted about five seconds, but it was long enough to realize that i was head over heels for this boy.

"oh," i whispered, looking down at my red vans. what do i say? i've never kissed anyone in my life. holy shit, i just had my first kiss.

"i like you," he said in a quiet voice, shifting his weight uncomfortably.