twenty-"grace, i need help"

"UH, I Didnt know you auditioned," he scratched the back of his neck.

"yeah. yeah i did," i coughed, "willow, can you show me where the bathrooms are?"

"right down that hallway," she said awkwardly, sensing the tension between noah and i.

i speed walked down the hall way and slammed the bathroom door shut. i pulled my phone out of my pocket and immediately clicked on grace's contact.

EDEN
GRACE

eden? it's so fucking early. are you okay?

grace, i need help.

what's wrong eds? do you want me to wake my mom up and ask her to come pick you up? are you-

no grace. noahs here. he's one of my fucking best friends in the show. i don't know what to do, what do i do?

shit, eds. you need to talk to him. you can't act with him on bad terms. you have to see what the hell was going through his head.

but how? how am i supposed to approach him? the whole cast is probably here by now, i embarrassed myself in front of three of them by running off.

go out there and walk up to him, and be like 'noah, i need to talk to you' and do fucking not take no for an answer.

okay, hold on someone's knocking on the door. i'm gonna call you after i leave probably, and tell you what happened. love you so much.

love you lots babe.

CALL ENDED
CALL DURATION; 2 minutes and 26 seconds

"eden? are you okay in there?" i heard willows voice say from outside the bathroom.

"i'm okay," i opened the door to reveal her.

"what happened out there?"

"to make a long story short, noah and i used to be super close. he went to go film a movie and he kissed me before getting on he plane, and hasn't talked to me since," i explained while frowning.

"i'm sorry, eden. i think you should talk to him about it. you're still filming with us though, right? you can't let a boy stop you from pursuing your dreams. ever," she hugged me.

"i have to stay, this is what i love. i'm finally getting to be an actress," i forced a small smile.

"alright, the producers are here. we have to go start the table read, show us what you got out there, babe."

the two of us walked through a few hallways and into a big room with a table and some kids around it. the seats had name tags in alphabetical order, i was sat between a girl named olivia bruder and a boy named zander mason, on the other side of zander was someone named owen mcdell. willow was diagonal from me, and i couldn't see the names on the name tags next to her. but sat in front of me, was the one and only noah schnapp.

he stared at me awkwardly as we waited for the directors and producers to come, i stared at my knees. the adults finally came in and sat at the ends of the tables.

"good morning kids! i'm sure you're all happy to be here this early," willows dad joked around.

"oh yeah, couldn't be happier," a strawberry blonde girl joked.