fourty four-"the end"

ALMOST 13 YEARS LATER

"I'M SO Glad to be here, the five of us, it's so nice to see you all again," millie brown smiled, pulling her short, blond friend from her teenage years in for a hug.

"it just feels so weird, we haven't had a group hangout like this since..." olivia trailed off, stopping before the tragic words could roll off her tongue. a silence hung throughout the room, and the doorbell rang.

"i'll get it," millie got up from the love seat, opening the door to reveal three familiar men. alex, finn, and mateo.

"finn!" sadie jumped from her seat, running over to the door, "i didn't know you were coming back for christmas." the couple wrapped their arms around each other.

"merry christmas beautiful," he whispered into her ear, red hair slipping in between his fingers.

"we have presents!" alex grinned, holding boxes above his head and setting the under the tree, finding himself wandering over to grace.

"hey, my girl!" mateo wrapped his arms around millie, kissing her forehead.

"hi guys!" kayden waved from a cushion on the floor.

now there were seven of them in the room, soon to be ten, alex went outside to get the toddler twins from his car outside.

"mommy!" the little girl giggled as she ran in the house, arms outstretched to run into her mothers arms, her brother followed behind her.

"hi e! hi bubba," grace held the two in her arms.

"aw, my babies!" olivia ran over to pick up the boy, "hi little noah!" she cooed

"no, big noah!" the boy pouted, "i'm a big boy."

"okay, okay, big noah," the blonde smiled, tickling her god-son and making him laugh until his face turned red.

"eden, come here, you get to be the first one to open your present!" grace tapped her daughters shoulder, gesturing for her to walk to the christmas tree.

after almost an hour passed of opening presents, the group got to the last rounds of presents left. everybody had one more left to open.

"here, mateo," millie grabbed a box that had her husbands name written on it, it was from her.

"hmm, okay. what's in this? i bet it's like a whoopee cushion," mateo groaned, ripping the paper off of the box and picking the tape off of it so it would open. millie waited in her seat with her knee bouncing up and down, her fingers tapping on her cheek.

the box finally ripped open, the man pulled out a small, white onesie that read "i can't wait to meet you! august 2033."

"oh my god, i'm going to be a dad! finn, alex, i'm gonna be a dad!" he jumped out of his seat, hugging millie, "you're gonna be a mom! we're going to be parents!"

"yes, mat, we're gonna be parents," millie giggled, hugging various people around the room as they congratulated her.

"i think finn should go next," sadie smiled, a twinkle and a bit of suspicion showing in her eye.

"okay," finn shrugged, grabbing his present. it was shaped different than the last one, it wasn't a box, but it was really flat and looked rectangular. he ripped off the sparkly red paper, occasionally complaining about getting glitter everywhere on him.

the open paper revealed a picture frame, with a black and white picture in it. once everybody got a better look at it, they realized it was another birth announcement. an ultrasound picture of finn and sadie's baby. although, you could obviously sadie was much further  along than millie. the picture frame was decorated in pink, and there was a note taped to it that said "hi daddy, sorry mommy kept me a secret for so long! she was waiting for the perfect time. we love you!"

finns reaction was about the same as mateos, the group shared a bunch of hugs, said many "congrats"s, and finn freaked out a bit. after the rest of the group opened their gifts, they gathered around a table, eating dinner and catching up on everything they'd missed from each other.

the whole day was overall amazing, nobody could deny that. but they all knew that there was something missing. yes, it was noah and eden. well, noah and eden, graces twins, were there, but not the noah and eden that they were missing.

the one thing that could've made the day any better, was if they could've seen the people standing under the mistletoe. they were faint, like someone just turned their opacity down, yet nobody saw them. and that was okay to the two ghosts, they were ecstatic to see their best friends all together and happy again. plus, they had each other.

under the mistletoe, noah schnapp and eden hipston shared yet another kiss that night. no, they couldn't feel each other's lips, after all they were ghosts. but they were still together. watching over the people that had changed their lives.

THE END.