Best and Worst.

Why did I make this chapter? Everyone will hate me, but love me for one part.

Millie's pov

Friday was basically a blur, except when Ava's party started. She's 7 today.

Finn is coming to it, and his family. Ava invited them.

She set it all up with her theme, pink and purple. It's cute.

It's not a big gathering, but not a small one either.

The doorbell rang, and I walked over to get it. It was Finns family.

"Hey Millie! Long time no see." Finns mom said, and I smiled and greeted all of them. The parents went into the kitchen, leaving Finn and I there.

"I can give you a tour of the house." I said, and he smiled and nodded.

I showed him the basement, then the middle floor, then we made it to the top.

We were walking down the hallway to my moms room, and he looked at the walls, and he furrowed his eyebrows. He knocked on it, hearing the sound.

"Did they soundproof these?" He asked, and I looked down.

"Uh, Yeah." I said, and he raised his eyebrows at me.

"Shut up finn, not for that reason!" I said, and he laughed. I smiled when we walked into my room.

He smiled, and looked around.

"Pretty." He said, and I laughed.

I heard my mom call from downstairs.

"Millie, your father is here!" She said, and my smile dropped, and Finn looked at me.

"Whatever you do today, please don't talk to my dad." I said, and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Just please, don't." I said, before he could say anything.

"Got it." He said, and I smiled, and we walked out of my room, and walked downstairs, my dad making immediate eye contact with me, then behind me, to Finn. He made a look.

Oh no, he probably thinks we were doing something. Please god, no.

"Millie! Come here!" Ava yelled, already pulling Finns hand. She took us into the dining room, only us now.

"Millie, do you think my birthday wish is going to come true?" She asked, and I smiled.

"I bet it will," I said, playing along. She smiled, and looked to Finn, then back at me.

"Promise?" She asked.

"I promise." I said, and she squealed, and ran out. I made eye contact with Finn.

"You know what it is?" I asked him.

"No. She said it has something to do with me." He said, and we shrugged.

We walked out, and he walked into the kitchen. Of course, the only other person in there being my dad.

I stayed behind the wall and listened. Finn, don't talk to him.

"So you're Finn?" I heard my dad ask. God damn it.

"That's me," Finn said, and they both chuckled a little.

"You friends with Millie?" My dad asked. My heart beat intensified.

"Yeah, we are close." He said, and I shook my head. Finn, you're making it worse on me.

"Do you have any intentions with her?" My dad said, making my eyes widen. Fuck.

"She's a pretty girl, but we only like each other as friends." He said, and I heard my dad reply with a hm.