4 months.

Hola, I took a week off from updating this book. I'm back, but I'm leaving again because I'm camping this weekend, so I'm not updating for the next 3 days. Updating benefits too if you're interested bc it's the last chapter of that book.

Millie's pov

I woke up the next day, looking around. I checked my phone to see I had some texts from Sadie, and some from Finn. I haven't checked it since the incident with my dad.

I replied to Sadie, but I didn't reply to Finn yet.

I got up, and my legs didn't hurt, they just felt sore, like I was working out sore.

"Hello." I said, testing my voice. It's gotten a little bit better, but not fully better.

I need to tell my mom today.

She was in her room I'm assuming, so I got up and took my meds, and walked into her room.

"Hi Millie, what's up?" She asked, and I closed the door, and walked over to her bed.

"Honey why are you limping?" She asked, and I looked at her.

"Promise you will believe what I'm going to say? I feel like you should believe me better than anyone." I said, and she nodded.

"Friday night," I started, "when you left me and dad at home, he came into my room and locked the door." I said, and she nodded.

"What happened honey?" She asked, and I started crying. She pulled me into a hug, trying to calm me down.

"I think he raped me." I said, and she pulled out of the hug and looked at me.

"Tell me what happened." She asked, and I told her, everything that happened that night, leaving out when I ran to Finns house.

"Oh honey.." she said, and I started to cry more, and she pulled me into a hug.

"Has he ever done something like this?" She asked, and I nodded.

"He started touching me when I was little, he never stopped," I said, crying.

"Do you want to tell the police about this?" She asked, and I nodded.

"We should go. Now, before he gets home." She said, and I nodded, and we went to go get ready.

My mom went through this too. Maybe it's just our luck.

-

"Would you please come with me, I need to ask you some questions." A lady officer asked, and I nodded, and followed her into a room.

I sat down, and she sat down across from me.

"I'll ask you questions. If you aren't comfortable telling us, just say you're uncomfortable." She said, and I nodded. I started to fidget with the bracelet on my hand, the one Finn, Ava and I all have.

"Has your dad done this to you more than once?" She asked.

"No, he's never gone this far. He's only done that once, but he's touched me way too many times to count." I said, and she nodded.

"Where were you?" She asked.

"My mom just took my sister and her friend to sleep over at her friends house, and my mom went out with the neighbors. I was in my room, and that's when he came into my room." I said.

"Neighbors?" She asked, and I nodded.

"The Wolfhards, they have a kid my age too, but I don't know why that's relevant." I said, and she nodded.

"Did you yell for help at all?" She asked, and I looked at her.

"I was assuming you knew that if you can hear my voice right now." I said, and she nodded.