3. "Bye, love you!"

A/N: So I actually like this story now. I thought it would suck, but it's not that bad. I'm going to the apple store soon, to get my new phone. The X is too expensive, so maaybe the 8 plus? Yeah.

Anywho... enjoy the chapter.

-

( Previously:

 Johnny continued talking. "Come on, I don't even remember the last time I kissed you that wasn't some stupid goodbye kiss."

"Johnny, we can't leave Lauren alone in a room. You should know that. We aren't in high school anymore, we can't just 'have fun' whenever we want." I did air quotations with my hands when I said 'have fun'. I crossed my arms, as he continued to roll his eyes. "Well, I'm sorry those 'stupid goodbye kisses' aren't enough for you!"

{And then they made up and stuff lol I don't feel like writing it}. )

*End of flashback*

MACKENZIE'S POV:

(Tuesday afternoon, at the Orlando house).

This day so far has been extremely difficult.

Lauren was more energetic today, more than most days.

I was chasing her around the house for hours, while Johnny was out with Hayden.

Hayden stayed over for a bit. He realized how much I was struggling with Lauren, and offered to babysit her at his house for the day.

I accepted the offer because I was way too tired to take care of her anymore.

Johnny left with Hayden, leaving me alone in the house.

I took a nap and woke up feeling much better.

I ended up watching a few episodes of Pretty Little Liars on Netflix, some Keeping up with the Kardashians, and re-watched some Vampire Diaries. Damon is HAWT.

I'm married, I need to stop.

After a while, I was bored out of my mind.

Maybe I can call Nadia and Annie to come over?

Yeah. I'll do that.

I quickly dialed Nadia's number, putting the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?" She questions, seeming to rush her words. Maybe she's busy?

"Hey. I was wondering if you and Annie would like to come over."

"Annie is actually over at Hayden's. And I'm at the mall with Ruby." Oh. They're both busy. Maybe I can call Annie and have her come over to my place?

After all, she's probably third-wheeling right now. You'd think it's supposed to be Johnny third-wheeling, with Annie and Hayden acting all flirty. But that's not it at all. When Johnny and Hayden are together, they ignore everyone else around them. Johayden for life. 

Annie must be bored out of her mind right now. Just like me.

"Listen, Kenzie. Ruby and I just reached the cashier. I have to go. Bye, love you!" Without another word said, Nadia hung up.

I dialed Annie's phone next. I was too lazy to bring the phone up to my ear, so I put on the speakers and placed it on the couch.

"H-Hey Kenzie." She was stuttering right now, seeming way too nervous.

She was acting weird yesterday, maybe something is going on?

"Are you at Hayden's?" I asked, biting my fingernails.

"N-No. I'm sorry I have to g-go." A loud shriek was heard, it sounded more like a moan to me.

I heard a voice laugh. That voice belonged to Johnny. I could recognize it anywhere.

Annie hung up, leaving me confused as hell.

So, she was at Hayden's house, considering Johnny's voice was on the phone. And he definitely was at Hayden's house.

Why would she lie about that? And why was Johnny laughing? He was close to her, and I didn't hear Hayden's voice at all.

I had a thought.

What if they're kissing?

I held back the thought. No. It couldn't happen. 

Annie is so kind, and would never do that to me. She doesn't even like Johnny anymore, she's dating Hayden.

And... Johnny. He's so sweet, so kind. His green eyes that I fell in love with years ago wouldn't have the heart to cheat. He'd never cheat. Never. I could never even imagine it happen. There's no way anything like that is going on.

Then why did that thought come into my head?

Whatever. I'll just ignore it. I'm sure it's nothing. They're both great people that wouldn't do anything like that.

Maybe I should find out. I mean... just in case there is something going on.

Yeah.

But I need an excuse.

I came over to pick up Lauren! Yeah! That's my excuse. It'll work, and they won't question my jealousy. My plan is perfect.

I picked my phone up from the table, going onto the messages app. I scrolled once with my thumb and clicked on Hayden's name.

{Me: I'm coming over to pick up Lauren.}

I got out of the couch, throwing on some white shoes. I had on some Adidas pants, and a plain white shirt. It matches well enough.

I checked my phone. Hayden texted me back.

{Hayden: See ya!}

My plan is set.

-

A/N: I've already written the next few chapters, and damn they're good. 

Some of my favourite Jenzie authors are reading this book, and oof I'm quaking.

-854 Words.

-