34. Memories.

A/N: This story is ending soon. That means I'm going to be active on Princess soon.

-

MACKENZIE'S POV:

Once I reached my so-called 'home', I immediately ran up to my bedroom.

I didn't want to associate with anyone. I didn't want any phone calls from Hayden and Annie, asking if I'm okay, when I obviously am not. I just want to be alone, no phone calls, no random knocks on my door, no distractions.

I softly shut my bedroom down, shutting my eyes as I took in the realization that this wasn't always just my room. Both Johnny and I used to own this room. He used to sleep on that queen-sized bed that I sleep on every day. We made Lauren on that bed as well. I chuckled, recalling the memory. Over time, our love never really changed. We were still the same old Kenzie and Johnny, but everything shifted after the divorce.

Life took a turn, like it always does. I walked to the big double door closet. The closet is about half the size of our actual room. It's huge. Since we take up the capacity of 2 people, we need a lot of clothes. If I'm going to be honest, most of the clothes are mine. I was really into fashion and colors a while ago, I got over it after Lauren came along. I just figured clothes aren't really that important, and their value is nothing, if you think about it.

Anyway, most of the clothes in the closet are mine. Johnny has his share of clothes, still neatly laid there. He never bothered to come pick them up, he's been making due with Hayden's clothes, and probably bought some more once he figured out the divorce was going to be permanent. He could've just asked to get his belongings out of the house, I would have let him. 

I stared down at the now-empty garbage can. The wedding ring is gone. I guess part of me thought things would go back to normal, that some part of me would forgive Johnny and we'd go back to the happy married couple we were before. Or if that didn't happen, I could've just sold the expensive diamond ring instead of throwing out something worth that much money.

I guess I was just caught up in the moment. I was angry, and wanted nothing more than to get rid of that ring as soon as possible.

I fidgeted with my nude ring finger, feeling nothing but soft skin. I still remember the day Johnny asked for my hand, the day he proposed, the happiest day of my life. I could honestly never forget it. It's always been one of the high lights of my life.

FLASHBACK:

My eyes widened, as Johnny got down on one knee.

He had brought me to an expensive dinner, which wasn't something we did often. We like to keep it cheap, I prefer fast food restaurants rather than these fancy ones anyway. But he insisted we go to one, which seemed sketchy at first, but now I understand why he did this.

Johnny was going to propose.

He seemed quite nervous about it too, as he viewed my facial expression, the whole restaurant was now staring at us with mesmerizing eyes.

Johnny cleared his throat, as I nervously smiled at him. He licked his lips, fidgeting something out of his back pocket with shaky hands.

He pulled out a black box, and slowly opened it to reveal a small diamond ring. My eyes widened even more, as the rest of the restaurant gasped.

"Mackenzie," Johnny starts. I nod my head, taking my eyes off of the ring and giving him my full attention. "I–"

I step closet towards, which caused him to stop his talking. He eyed me warily, like I was about to do something I'll regret. But I knew I wouldn't regret this.