9. "You're a cheater."

A/N: CHAPTER DEDICATED TO lovely-ziegler

She was one of the first people to read this book, and she's so supportive!❤️

-

( Previously:

I smiled to myself at that lovely day.

But I quickly erased my smile, remembering he cheated on me.

Johnny was such a sweet, loving boyfriend. Who knew he would cheat? )

*End of flashback*

MACKENZIE'S POV:

Hayden narrowed his eyes, moving them between Johnny and I hysterically. He shook his head, attempting to get rid of his suspicious thoughts.

My eyes were still on Johnny's. "What are you doing here?" I question. I needed to be mean, and that question came out sounding too nice. So I decided to add a glare right after.

He cleared his throat. "I can't really stay at our house anymore. So Hayden offered to take me in for the next few days."

The next few minutes were dead silent- with the exception of me crunching on my Doritos.

An imaginary lightbulb went over Johnny's head, as he jumped out of his seat. "By the way, I finished signing the divorce papers."

I only nodded my head.

"What divorce papers?" Hayden wonders, looking confused.

I quietly chuckle, recalling the memory of the last time I was at Hayden's house. "You don't know?"

Hayden shook his head. "I knew you guys were fighting. But I never knew anything about a divorce." I shrugged, refusing to glance over at Johnny. Hayden gulped, "what happened?"

"He cheated on me," I muttered under my breath.

Hayden's gasp was heard, as well as Johnny's sigh.

"He cheated on you?! With who?!" Hayden exclaimed.

"Well, I thought it was going to be Annie-"

Hayden interrupted me. "Annie kissed Johnny?!" Ugh. That little idiot. Just let me speak!

"No," I assured him. "It was Nadia."

Hayden moved his gaze off of me, and glared at Johnny, "dude, you messed up. Big time." Well, good to know someone besides my mother agree's with me.

Johnny chuckles. "You think I don't know that? It was an accident." He ran his hands through his hair, knowing it would make me blush. And, of course, it made me blush.

Get it together Kenzie, this isn't the time to blush over how gorgeous he looks. He cheated on you!

I turned my head back towards Johnny, taking a breath so my crimson red cheeks can return to their normal state.

Once I was back to normal, I glanced back towards Johnny. "Cheating isn't an accident. Falling off of a bike is an accident. You didn't just trip and fall onto Nadia's lips (has anyone heard that quote before? I just googled it lol)."

I made sure to send him yet another glare.

Johnny was at a loss for words. And I was glad. "I'm-"

Once again, I snapped.

"Let's be real here, Johnny. If I didn't find you cheating in Annie's room, you wouldn't have told me about that kiss you shared with Nadia," I continued to ramble. I was still angry at him, and I don't know when it's going to die down. What am I saying? It hasn't even been a full 24 hours. "You would've gone home, and pretended like nothing had happened."

Tears were stinging my eyes. By now, Hayden was uncomfortably sitting on his chair, watching the scene play out. Johnny was listening to every word I was saying, just staring at me. Can he do nothing else but stare? God, he's so annoying!

"Then you would've seen her the next day, and done it all over again." I sloppily wiped my tears away, before resuming my rant. "You're a cheater," I spit out.

My voice was so loud. Annie probably heard all of the noise, because footsteps were heard coming down the stairs.

All 3 of us turned our heads towards the stairs, as Annie came into the view.

Once she saw my state, she ran to me and hugged me, tightly- might I add. "Oh no. Kenzie, what's wrong?" She pulls out of the hug, grabbing my shoulders with both of her hands. She was wiping away my recent tears, looking me in the eyes.

"Johnny and Kenzie are getting a divorce," Hayden clarified. I couldn't see Hayden or Johnny's expressions, Annie was covering most of my view.

Annie instantly glared at Johnny. She turns back to me, "come on, Kenzie. We'll go upstairs and you can tell me everything upstairs."

I nodded, still sniffling.

Annie began leading me upstairs. Before we were up the stairs, I took a glance at Johnny. Like usual, he was just staring at me- no expression on his face. 

He couldn't care less about me. That's good to know.

Annie took me upstairs, as I was still sobbing into her sleeve.

This is exactly what I need, a friend like Annie. One I could trust with everything.

Hayden is a great friend. But he's a guy. Not to mention, he's best friends with Johnny. He'd just tell him everything.

Speaking from experience, Annie gives out great advice. Maybe she can use her skills on me?

-

A/N: Late update, sorry😒 Better late than never, right?

I'll post tomorrow morning to make it up to you guys!

I just want Y'all to know, Annie isn't a bad guy in this story.

-878 Words.

-