31. "I've lost count, to be honest."

A/N: We didn't reach the goal yet (we need one more vote) but I'm bored and I want to update.

-

MACKENZIE'S POV:

A knock was heard on the door.

I sighed, not even bothering to open it,

I've been stuck in this miserable house for the past day, and I wanted nothing but company. I would go out with Annie. But, frankly, I was too tired to even bother. 

The door fidgeted open, as I furrowed my eyebrows. How did the door just open? It was for sure locked, I remember, the last time I locked was when Johnny last stopped by, to drop off Lauren.

Annie walked into the entrance, spotting my figure on the couch and running to me. That's when it hit me, I handed both Hayden and Annie a pair of house keys last year. We were so close, they were like the brother and sister I never had, I might as well. Annie lost her set of keys, and Hayden never really got to use them since either Johnny and I were always home. I'm assuming Hayden let Annie borrow his pair.

With all honesty, I'm surprised Annie was the one to lose it, rather than Hayden. Hayden isn't the most responsible, that's most-likely why Annie and him haven't had kids yet. The fact that Hayden keeps his house clean and nice will always remain a mystery to me.

Along with Annie, Johnny and Hayden burst through the door. My jaw drops at Johnny, who just casually plopped down on the couch, like his ex-wife wasn't a few feet from where he was sitting.

Hayden breathed an "awkward," going over to sit in between Johnny and Annie, who was seated beside me. Thank god Annie took the free space that was next to me, or else Johnny would've.

I couldn't help but notice Johnny's tight white T-shirt that was practically sticking to his skin. I doubt he did it on purpose, but his abs were piercing through his shirt, basically smirking at me.

I cleared my throat, speaking words that were mostly directed to Annie. "What are you guys doing here?" I eyed Annie once I said 'you guys' silently explaining that Johnny was only a few feet from me.

Annie was the one that wanted me to ignore him in the first place. Why would she bring him? It surely wasn't because Annie didn't want to be rude. Annie and Johnny still aren't on good terms, but don't fight as much as they used to. Hayden's been extremely happy with the progress, I mean, why wouldn't he be? His best friend and his girlfriend are finally getting along.

Annie chuckled, understanding my eyeballing language. "We missed you."

I raised an eyebrow, which I frankly only learned to do a few years ago. "We?" Is she referring to all three of them, or just Annie and Hayden?  Maybe Johnny doesn't miss me anymore, and his feelings for me are gone at last.

I've tried my best to ignore him. I haven't gotten out of the house since the last time I saw him, which was two days ago. I've texted Annie and Hayden in the meantime, but Johnny's inbox remained empty.

"Annie and I." Hayden nodded. He then turned to Johnny, smirking. "And Johnny, of course. We can't forget about him." Johnny widened his eyes, and went ahead with smacking Hayden on the back of the head. Hayden burst out into a fit of laughter, rubbing his now sore spot on the back of his head.

I didn't give Johnny much eye contact, it's one of the steps I mentally printed in my head to ignoring him.

"Where's Lauren?" Johnny questioned. He was staring directly at me, which clearly bothered me and disturbed my mental steps.

I simply shrugged, eye contact remained off of him. Hayden's rainbow shirt was more entertaining anyways #Pride.

I sighed, not even believing my lie. Johnny's face is way more entertaining than Hayden's gay shirt.

Lauren was upstairs, proceeding to play on her Ipad. She's gotten full-on addicted. 

"Why won't you answer me with words?" Johnny wondered.

"She doesn't have to if she doesn't want to," Annie retorted.

Johnny chuckled, rolling his eyes. "Here you are again, interrupting my conversation."

Hayden face-palmed, knowing Annie and Hayden are going to get into a fight for the thousand time this month.

Johnny rolled his eyes once more, shifting his eyes off of Annie and onto me. "Mackenzie, why won't you look at me?"

"Do I have to look at you?" I scoffed, forcefully throwing my eyes onto him. I don't know where I got this sudden courage from, but it showed up out of somewhere. He squinted his features, searching me for some sort of hesitant emotion. Well, I wasn't going to give him it. Crossing my arms, I glared at him.

"Are you angry because I kissed you? I mean, it's not like you didn't kiss back–" Hayden's eyes widened at Johnny's words, cutting him off with his own.

"Kissed?! How many time have you kissed since you broke up?" Hayden exclaimed.

I shrugged for the second time today. "I've lost count, to be honest."

"Exactly," Johnny tittered. "So what's wrong? What kind of trash did Annie drill into your head?"

I shrugged purposely again, earning a giggle from Annie. "She told me what needed to be said."

Johnny scoffed, jumping off of the couch. "Garbage," he muttered. He went on, storming out of the house and slamming the door very loudly shut behind him.

"Yikes," Annie spices, pulling her phone out of her pocket and clicking on the Snapchat icon.

Hayden sighed, shutting his eyes out of disappointment. At least I was the cause of this fight, and not Annie– well, mostly.

-

A/N: The new covers were made by biebogilinskers

Also... the first chapter of Princess is up :) Sorry I kept you all waiting so long, but I spent literally all of yesterday writing it so PLEEEASE check it out for me.

-1008 Words.

-