4. My Hannie gravestone.

A/N: I don't know what to write lmao. Just... read the chapter?

-

( Previously:

What if Johnny and Annie are kissing?

...

Maybe I should find out. I mean... just in case there is something going on.

Yeah.

But I need an excuse.

I came over to pick up Lauren! Yeah! That's my excuse. It'll work, and they won't question my jealousy. My plan is perfect. )

*End of flashback*

MACKENZIE'S POV:

(Tuesday Afternoon).

I was walking down the streets.

Hayden's house is pretty far away. It would be about a 20-minute walk.

I could've easily driven here. But I wanted to walk. Not only is it good exercise, but I need time to think.

What was I thinking?

Do I really not trust Johnny?

I should trust him, trust that he wouldn't cheat on me. But everything is so suspicious, you can't blame me for being curious. Right?

My fingers dug into the palm of hands, as I clenched my jaw.

If he were to cheat on me, everything would fall apart. Lauren would have split-up parents, because I doubt I'd ever forgive him for having an affair. 

Not to mention, I'd lose Johnny. I love him so much. Even though he doesn't do much, I live for seeing him. I don't know what I'd do to find out he was no longer in my life anymore.

I don't even think there's anything going on between Annie and Johnny. 

But I just want to make sure. I want to be 100% sure that he isn't cheating. I can't just push these thoughts at the back of my head. I want a happy family. I want to be able to trust my husband. And if this is the only way I can do that... then I'm doing it.

I soon reached Hayden's house, I was standing at the doorstep.

Before knocking on the door, I took a deep breath.

Hayden opened up, and welcomed me in.

I took my shoes off, at the entrance and took a seat on his couch.

The living room was empty, except for us too. If they really were doing anything, like I suspected, Hayden and Annie's relationship would go down the drain. R.I.P Hannie. I should make them a future gravestone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hannie

(Annie Leblanc and Hayden Summerall).

Cause of Death: Annie decided that cheating on her best friend's husband was okay. Oh, how wrong she was.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did I really just make them a gravestone? God, I'm going nuts.

I wanted to get straight to the point, no small talk or anything. "Where is Lauren?" I asked, sending him a smile.

He placed his bottom on the couch, putting his legs up on the table. Us 4 are so close, they don't have to act professionally in front of me.

I don't even want to imagine what would happen to us if they really are cheating.

I need to get this out of my mind. They most likely aren't cheating, I'm just making sure, for good measure.

"Annie took her up to my room. Johnny went to check on Lauren a while ago too," Hayden replied while stuffing his face with Doritos.

I knew it. I knew it. I knew it.

Since when does Johnny check up on Lauren? He literally never helps out with her, I doubt he's 'trying to change'.

"Great, thanks." I bolted up the stairs, biting on my tongue.

At this point, I was breathing uncontrollably.

 This could possibly be a life-changing moment. I dug my fingers back into my palms, probably making them bleed. But I wasn't paying attention to anything other than my plan.

Once I got up the stairs, I slowly walked over to Hayden's room.

There stood Hayden's door. It was white, with no lettering or decorations on it. Hayden likes to keep everything clear.

I hesitantly bring my hands to the doorknob, practically sweating. 

I quickly flung it open.

Numbness.

That's all I felt.

It wasn't Johnny and Annie.

It was Johnny and Nadia.

-

A/N: Plot twist!

Hehe.

I coldn't reply to any of @brianna_brianna06 's comments without giving away too much. But... what do you think of Annie now? :)

The next chapter is lit, so stay tuned!

-709 Words.