23. "You already got your payback."

A/N: Hiya! So I'm grounded, but I stole my MacBook and I'm playing on it now #Savage.

-

MACKENZIE'S POV:

 I knocked on Hayden's bedroom door, not wanting to barge in and witness Hayden and Annie making out.

I heard some rustling noises, as Hayden opened the door a few seconds later. He kneeled against the door, "yes?" He nervously questions.

I chuckle, knowing that they indeed were making out. "Uh, where am I sleeping?"

Hayden narrowed his eyes, thinking. "Why don't you stay in the guest bedroom?"

I immediately shook my head. "No way. Johnny is staying there!" I argued.

Hayden shrugged. "There's nowhere else you can sleep."

I sighed, knowing he was right. I can't go back home without the police freaking out. I refuse to sleep on the couch, that would just cause me back pain in the morning.

Maybe Johnny can just sleep on the couch?

I sprinted down the stairs, leaving Hayden hanging.

Johnny's was still seated on the couch, eyes fixed on an ugly painting Hayden decided to hang up for some weird reason. I wandered my feet over to the couch he was sitting on, placing my bottom next to him. 

He zoned out of his little thinking trance, looking up at me. "What's up?"

"Nothing really." I ran my hands through my hair, not knowing how to word this. Talking about sleeping in the same room when we aren't together anymore is just awkward, especially when we used to do it all the time. I gained some confidence from who knows where, and sweetly smiled at him. "I need you to do me a favor."

"Anything," he speaks almost immediately, causing to smile widely. He smirked once he saw my facial expression, but I just shook my head, addressing I was just caught up in the moment.

"Can you sleep on the couch today?" I blurted out.

He furrowed his eyebrows, tilting his head. It was honestly the most adorable thing ever. This is probably the thousand time I've had to remind myself that he cheated on me.

But, like I mentioned before, that just doesn't seem that important anymore. What I experienced at the park, was life or death. Your husband cheating on you, but refusing to let you go, isn't life or death.

There are girls who are in love with players, who get constantly cheated on. Maybe I'm just making a big deal out of this?

No. What am I even saying?! He kissed another girl– my best friend, to be specific. He committed his love to me, and only me. Not Nadia freaking Turner.

I took a small breath, attempting to get rid of my thoughts. But they continued to flow in.

He didn't have a full-on relationship, when he was still with me. It was just one kiss. And according to him, that's all it was. A kiss. It meant nothing.

But the fact that he came to Nadia about his problems with our marriage and not his own wife, is beyond me.

He moved his hand around my face, striving to get my attention. I must have zoned out. I shot my head back to Johnny, still waiting for a response from him.

"Why do you want me to sleep on the couch?" He wondered. I shrugged, not wanting this conversation to get awkward. 

He studied my face, as I tried my best to not give away any feelings through my facial expressions. "There's only one bedroom left, and..." I discontinued myself, not wanting to get any further through that sentence.