6. "This isn't your fault."

A/N: Read the A/N at the bottom.

-

( Previously:

"I've made up my mind," I mutter, my breath getting heavier and heavier by the second. "I want a divorce."

He flinches at my words, face-palming. "I messed up. I know that. Just don't-"

"No!" I growled. "I'm keeping Lauren. She's mine! Do you hear me?!" )

*End of flashback*

MACKENZIE'S POV:

I washed off all of the blood on my hands with tap water.

I peeled off the seal to the bandage, throwing it in the garbage. I carefully placed the bandage on the red marks that were on my hands.

Once I left Hayden's house, Lauren and I walked back home. She was complaining the whole time, so half-way through the walk, I gave her a piggyback ride.

My back now hurts, and there was a burning sensation coming from my hand. 

At Hayden's house, I dug my fingers into my hands so much, that it began bleeding. There's going to be a permanent mark now, but I don't care. I put bandages on it, maybe it'll heal soon.

I gave Lauren a cherry flavored popsicle once we got home. She's been playing on her Ipad for a while now.

I sat on the opposite side of the room, sulking in my own pool of tears.

I was still trying to process everything that had just happened.

Johnny had an affair- with Nadia. I thought it was going to be Annie. 

I just don't understand. What did I do wrong? I've been so caring, I've been taking care of Lauren, and we've never even had a huge fight like that before.

Maybe it was because I wasn't showing him much affection. We have a kid now, we can't be intimate anymore. I'd feel guilty. 

I shouldn't be blaming myself. This is all his fault. I'm sure I've been decent. This is all him.

He cheated. Well, even prince charming isn't perfect, right?

But he's no prince charming, prince charming would never cheat. Johnny is far from perfect, I see that now. 

I hate him. 

"Mommy," Lauren spoke.

I took my head out of my thighs and unwrapped my arms, that were previously wrapped around my legs. "Yes?" I faked a smile, still sobbing.

"Why are you crying?" Lauren frowned.

I used my undamaged hand to wipe a few tears out of my eyes, but they kept coming down. "I-I'm not."

Lauren sighed. "Is it because of daddy?" Lauren wondered.

She was so cute! I walked over to her, hugging her head tightly. "It's all going to be okay. I promise."

I never answered her question, but she didn't seem to notice that. "I hope so," Lauren sadly chuckles, hugging me back.

I pulled away, as she did too. I went back to the couch I was previously seated on, and went back to thinking.

I shouldn't be doing this. I shouldn't be the one that has to go through the pain of being cheated on. I don't deserve this.

I need to just get over this. He was my first love, and hopefully- my last. I'm done with love. All it does is break your heart.