14. "No, it's fine."

A/N: CHAPTER DEDICATED TO Jenziegiggles

'Bullied' was one of the first fanfictions I read. My friend told me about Wattpad (she's not in this fandom). I googled it and literally searched up 'Jenzie'.

I read hers and got inspired to make my own, so I created an account.

Anyway, I read it back when I didn't have an account, I was reading it as a guest. It means a lot to me that she's now reading my story AND ACTUALLY LIKES IT! (I assume).

 Lmao I don't know if the Epilogue for 'Because of Lauren' is going to be up tomorrow, or later. I'm not done it yet, but I'll try to finish it today.

-

MACKENZIE'S POV:

Lauren and I stepped foot onto the coffee shop.

It was a new day. A day without Johnny. I'm still getting used to this whole single mom thing. It's hard.

I don't know why. It's not like Johnny did much work, but I guess just knowing Johnny would be there, once I went home, just helped me get through the day. Now he's gone.

I could easily forgive him. But I don't want to. He doesn't deserve me, and I'm better off without him. He wasn't who I thought he was, and I should really just move on.

But it's so hard to not think about him. Everything I do reminds me of him. I was going to go to Tim Hortons. Tim Hortons was originally a Canadain shop, but got spread all over America after it became so successful. Johnny is from Canada, I'd probably cry while drinking my coffee if I went there.

So I found an unpopular coffee shop, and brought Lauren and I there.

We stood in the line, waiting for our turn. Lauren wanted a smoothie. But they didn't have any. I said she can just get a cookie, and she accepted the offer. You know, Johnny loved cookies-

Dang it! I'm not supposed to be thinking about him.

I was going to get a large black coffee. But now I also want a cookie, just like Lauren. I really need to wake myself up a little. Last night, I had several nightmares about Johnny and Nadia.

Not to mention, I cried myself to sleep last night.

He told me that they only kissed once. But how could I believe him? It's not like I trust him anymore. He cheated on me, there's no trust there anymore.

I shouldn't even be thinking about him, after what he did to me. But I can't help it.

Our turn was finally called, as we both walked over to the register.

I took our my wallet, not even bothering to look at the worker. From what I can see, it's a girl with blonde hair.

"Hello, what would you like- Mackenzie?!" I take my head off of my wallet, and turn my head up. I scan her face, wondering how she knew me.

That's when it hit me. It's Brynn.

Nadia, Annie, Brynn, Maisy, and I used to all be best friends. We lost contact with Maisy and Brynn after high school, simply because people just drift apart.

I gasp, screaming "Brynn!"

We both smile at each other, amazed at meeting after all these years.

"You know what," Brynn takes her hands off of the table. "How would you like to catch up, after I take your order?"

I nodded, grinning. Brynn was always my favorite out of the 4.