Chapter 31

I watched as Lucifer paced around the bedroom back and forth for the past 30 minutes. After I told him everything about the book I wasn't allowed to touch or go near along with the mist, he didn't say anything. He just started to pace around the room. I tried to talk to him but it seemed as if his mind was somewhere else. I honestly think he's in hell considering how I tried to touch him but ended up burning myself so I just sat there on the bed watching him the entire time.

I also felt myself phasing in and out as well just how I had few minutes ago. I couldn't control what was happening. Every time a earthquake was going to happen, Lucifer snapped out of his trance and lured me back to myself before anything could happen. Lucifer then disappeared for a brief minute before reappearing with a gold engraved cup in his hand. He walked over to me and passed me the cup.

"Drink up. This will help control your powers for now," he mumbled looking down at the cup.

I took it from him and eyed it before sniffing it only to scrunch up my nose in disgust. "What is in it?" I gagged a little at the smell.

"Don't worry about it. Just drink it," he ordered.

I rolled my eyes, "Fine but tell me the side effects. I don't want to blow this mission," I informed him.

He rubbed the back of his head before yawning. It was honestly a bit weird considering I've never seen him yawn. "Fair enough but you have to drink it quickly before the spell wears off," he replied to which I held my nose and chugged the drink.

After I finished the drink, I passed him the cup to which he checked it to see if I drank it out. He then disappeared before reappearing empty handed.

"Side effects?" I asked.

He didn't say anything. Instead, he just tucked me under the sheets. "What did you give me?" I shrieked at how he was now acting sketchy.

He let out a sigh and stood in front me as I was now sitting back up on the edge of the bed.

"Side effects are headache, body pain, heighten senses," he spoke.

"And?" I asked knowing he wasn't telling me everything.

"And.." he paused, "You'll forget everything about demons."

I stared at him for a second waiting for the prank to be over but he didn't laugh. He kept a serious face.

"WHAT?!" I shrieked as I was now panicking.

He held me down as his eyes darted to mine. "You're going to be okay. It looks like your second power is kicking in. I didn't realize you had another to come in. Your power seems to deal with slowing down time and causing a rift in time. Your main powers are messing with this ability so once some time has past, the spell will wear off and you'll be able to be normal again meaning no earthquakes and randomly zoning out and levitating," he explained.

"I don't care about none of that. You said I'll forget everything about demons. Explain!" I shouted.

"Right, well, that's one effect of the spell. You will temporarily forget everything you know about demons including the powers you have which is ice. It will be temporarily blocked. You'll still be immortal just without the black eyes, fast self healing and mind reading," he continued to explain.

"Forget everything about demons?" I questioned, "Does that mean I'll forget you?"

He stayed quiet and my eyes widened, "Lucifer! How could you?! How long is this for? Why didn't you tell me this before I drank it," I shrieked as I got off the bed and headed towards the bathroom.

"Because I knew you wouldn't take it if I told you and I don't know how long it will be for. Maybe a couple of day or a week or two. Not sure. Where are you going?" he spoke behind me.