Chapter 50

"Okay, so I'm giving you 2 necklace that holds energy. One for you and one for Sean. Once you place it on, you'll be able to use your powers but only if we can supply the energy on this side. You have a short amount of time so you're going to have to make it fast. I figured out a way to make you invisible enough for you to sneak in. After that, it's all up to you to get him out. You need the necklace. Without it, you can use your powers which means no portal. You'll have a few seconds of power left if you take it off but after that, you're no longer able to do anything. I can't stress that enough," Crystal explained. I nodded my head in understanding. She then placed one of the necklaces around my neck and I shoved the other one in my pocket.

"So why exactly did you bring us here?" Zepar asked as he looked around the empty field. I had teleported everyone into the animal realm with the dragons. "Backup," I shrugged and I focused on Jellal. He quickly flew through the sky and landed behind me causing Zepar and his friends to gasp in shock but Crystal and Stella walked over and pet him.

"You have a dragon!" Zepar shrieked as he walked up to it with his friends behind him. I chuckled a bit and nodded. 

"Okay, let's start this," Crystal spoke as she stood on the outside pentagram along with the guys and even Stella. Despite her not being a demon or witch she still was able to provide energy.

I looked to Jellal and rubbed his nose, "Wait here. When I open the portal for you, your job is to get Sean out. Don't worry about me," I whispered. Jellal let out a soft roar and I kissed his nose. Something in me felt wrong. I felt as if this quest was going to end badly.

I walked over to the center of the pentagram and let out a sigh before nodded to them to start the chant. The pentagram started to glow and Crystal gave me a nod as she continued to chant. I opened a portal by the tree I had put the coin under in the prison realm. 

Walking in, I closed it behind me and with speed, I ran towards the prison and through the wall as I was temporary invisible. I climbed up to Sean's floor and ran into his cell only to see he was on the floor covered in blood. Running over to him, I turned him over and saw his mouth was all bloody.

"Sean, get up," I whispered as I shook him. He let out a painful groan and slowly open his eyes. He blinked a few times as he was staring at me. His eyes then widened, "What are you doing here?" he shrieked.

"Getting you out," I mumbled as I placed the necklace around him. I watched as his cuts were slowly closing up but not fast enough. "Can you use your powers?" I asked.

He focused a bit then let out an exhausted breath, "No," he replied.

"It's probably because you're picking up too much energy. Come on," I softly spoke as I help him up.

"HEY!" a voice shouted at me. I looked to see a guard by the gate. Using my power, I broke his neck and blew open the back wall of the cell which gave me the view of the tree where I formed the portal. Placing Sean's arm around my shoulders, I went to fly over to the tree but I saw reapers flying towards me.

Looking up to the cloudy skies, I saw more swarming around the prison. Holding Sean tight to me, I flew all the way up dodging the reapers as I focused on forming a huge portal. I then summons Jellal. Reaching to the top of the endless prison, I released Sean only for him to fall to the floor. I quickly turned him over and saw he had stopped healing and was now bleeding through his nose.

I looked at his necklace to see it was no longer glowing white as mine was. "You shouldn't have come," he coughed up some blood.

"I wasn't going to leave you knowing I could do something," I whispered as I kissed his forehead.