Chapter 34

"I don't care. She wouldn't approve," a voice shouted. "I swear, if you don't shut the fuck up and lower your voice, I'm going to kick your ass," I could hear Vincent yelling at someone.

My eyes opened to see I was back in the bedroom. I sat up and pulled the bandage off my leg to see I was still healing. The tissues were reforming inside slowly and I was becoming a bit annoyed now.

"She deserves to have a choice before you gave it to her. It's not like she had an option after you gave it to her," the voice yelled back.

A huge growl echoed through the living room, "Like you would know anything. You know how painful this was for me as well. She knew this was the only choice to keep everyone safe," Vincent shouted from the living room. I slowly got off the bed and stumbled to the door trying not to put pressure on my left leg.

"Don't you think you should of told me at least? I mean I could of helped you. What if it back fires and she never remembers. She's your wife," the voice spoke in a concerned tone.

Vincent has a wife?

"I searched for a better way. There was nothing," Vincent's voice came out hopeless.

I walked into the living room and saw Vincent standing around with a drink in his hand. Another guy was also in the room. He was not as big as Vincent but he was also tattooed up. He went to open his mouth to say something but stopped as he saw me.

Vincent followed his trail and his eyes widened, "How much of that did you hear?" he asked.

"From she wouldn't approve. Why didn't you tell me?" I asked trying not to cry.

"Awe, don't cry. Please don't cry. I hate it when you're in pain and when you cry," he frowned as he walked up to me. I stumbled back a bit as I tried to get away from him.

"No, go away. You lied to me," I looked away from him. "I was only trying to protect you. I had no choice. If I let you continue, you could of destroyed yourself," he stated.

I stared at him blankly.

"I was talking about you having a wife. What are you talking about?" I questioned.

I watched as he stared at me a bit shock but then covered it up with a small smile, "Just the argument we had before you left. It was about the mission and how you wanted to bring in some extra's from the organization. I told you it would make Charlie suspicious," he explained.

"Oh, yeah. I don't remember that. But you still didn't tell me you had a wife," I glared at him.

"You asked if I had a girlfriend. You never said anything about a wife," he smartly replied.

I let out a scoff, "Smartass and I don't think your wife would like you taking care of me the way you -"

"She wouldn't mind," Vincent and the guy both answered simultaneously before looking at each other. I looked back to the guy, "Who are you?" I asked with a smile.

"Axel, Vincent's brother," he replied as he walked up to me. "Nice to met you. I'm Skylar," I greeted back. Before you know it, I was in the air. Axel had picked me up in a hug.

I let out a giggle, "Not that I dislike hugs, but why?" I questioned.

"Because you seem huggable, Sunshine," Axel chirped as he put me down. I reached out and pinched his cheeks. "You have such pinchable cheeks," I squealed causing him to chuckle. "Alright, enough. Since you could walk, go back to bed. I'm sorry we woke you up," Vincent apologized.

I shook my head, "I'll go to bed once I get my answers," I folded my arms across my chest staring at him which only caused him to groan in annoyance. "Alright, what's your question?" he asked.