Chapter 52

I bolted up in a panic gasping for air as I felt my soul was being sucked out of me. Looking around, I then realized I was laying in my bed and hooked up to some IV machine. Flowers and balloons were also scattered around my room along with some teddy bears. Laying back down, I tried to recall what had happened. I remember Lucifer had rescued me, showering me then fed me before I passed out. He didn't seem mad at me but it felt like he was holding back what he wanted to truly say to me.

Sitting back up, I pulled the blankets off me to see my right leg was in a cast all the way up to my knee. It then hit me when Lucifer told me that my body would take a bit longer to get back to normal since I was in a realm beyond death itself. I slowly sat my leg over the bed and let out a painful groan as I clutched my ribs. Rising up my shirt, I could see it was bandaged up and a bit purple on the outside.

Letting out a sigh, I looked next to my bed to see a wheelchair was waiting for me.

"Great," I scoffed as I gently slid into the seat and grabbed my phone. I tried to use my powers to roll myself but a sharp pain ran through my head. Giving up, I rolled myself out the room and down the hall to the elevator. Taking it down, I rolled down the hall and into the kitchen to see the guys all eating.

"Why didn't you call us to get you," James voice came in front of me. I shrugged, "I'm not that broken," I mumbled to which he chuckled and kissed my forehead, "I know, would you like to have some dinner?" he offered.

I shook my head, "I just ate."

"You were asleep for 5 days and I was hoping you said yes you'll eat because you have to take your meds," he informed me as he rolled me to a table next to Cody.

My eyebrow rose, "Meds?" I asked.

Cody nodded, "Doctor came over and give you some painkillers. You're kind of mortal for some time until your body gets right with this world compared to the prison realm."

A plate of mash potatoes, baked chicken, macaroni pie, green string beans and a biscuit was placed in front of me. "Randy, Carter, Hunter, Felix, Blake, and Ethan cooked," James informed me.

I thanked him and silently ate as the guys all talked. I then took my pills and looked around to see Gabe was missing.

"Where's Gabe?" I asked. "He's in the backyard. Want me to get him?" Cody asked to which I shook my head. "It's fine," I spoke as I got ready to roll myself. James then started to roll the wheelchair from behind. "I don't need help," I mumbled.

"I know," he softly replied as he rolled me out the kitchen and towards the backyard. As we got into the backyard, I saw Gabe was in the fields sitting in a chair with a beer in his hand as he was looking out the sunset. I went to roll into the grass but James stopped me.

"Trust me, it's not going to roll," he spoke as he gently placed his hand under my legs and the other around my back.

Letting out a sigh, I placed my hand around his neck to which he picked me up gently and carried me down the field. He then placed me in the seat next to Gabe and I gave James a kiss on the forehead before he left. I looked to Gabe who didn't even look at me. He just kept his eyes on the sunset. I soon started to watch the sunset.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked.

I shrugged knowing he was referring to me telling him about rescuing Sean. "I just didn't want anyone else to get hurt," I admitted causing him to look at me, "How did that work out for you," he glared at the cast on my leg. I opened my mouth to say something but he cut me off.

"No, I'm tired of hearing excuses Sky. The amount of time you risk your life for someone else is literally uncountable. You've saved the guys and I uncountable times and even Sean who you rescued like 2 times now. Never was there a time you put yourself first. I know that others come first but you've got to understand that there is one of you and you're my only sister. So if you're going to do some dumb shit again, please tell me so we can at least do it together," he shouted.