super italy brothers

Brought to you by my laziness because I didn't want to write a really long oneshot hahahahhahahah

based off a headcanon by EternallyInvisible!

Lovino yawned as he flipped through the channels on the blaring TV, looking behind him every once in a while to make sure that Feliciano wasn't being distracted and burning the kitchen down.

"Today, we see record-breaking storms coming across from the east-"

"The presidential debate will ensue later this month, and-"

"And, now, for our newest program -"

Lovino stopped when he recognized his friend Kiku's face on the TV, almost dropping the remote. His mouth dropped open. Kiku was famous? Since when? Sure, they hadn't seen each other since high school, but surely he would have heard about it!

"- In an exclusive interview with Kiku Honda, the 27-year-old mastermind behind the popular gaming company Nintendo, he reveals some very interesting behind-the-scenes information about the design of the video game Super Mario Brothers!" The announcer sat behind her desk and gestured to Kiku.

"Well, recently everyone has been asking me where I based the design of the two brothers, called Mario and Luigi. Actually, some people have been believing that I based them off of my trip to Spain, some thirteen years ago. But that's untrue."

"Do tell!" The announcer leaned forward eagerly.

"Actually, the designs of Mario and Luigi are loosely based off of two of my classmates in high school. They were twins, and honestly I thought that they would be great for Mario and Luigi, since they did almost everything together."

"Really? Well, isn't that something? And how..."

Lovino tore his eyes away from the screen, shocked. How had he not heard of this before? Feliciano would be so excited, he'd probably drop a pan on his foot. Feli! Lovino had to tell him.

"Hey, Feli! We're on TV!" Lovino called back to the kitchen. Instantly, all the clattering stopped and Feliciano raced into the living room.

"Really?"

"Yes, look!" Lovino said, and turned up the volume.

"... even though we didn't talk much, I always thought the twins were comical. I felt that the best way to show that was through a video game..." TV-Kiku said.

"No way!" Feli gasped. "I'm going to go call him right now!"

Lovino watched as Feli ran into his room.

"Feli, the pasta's going to burn!" Lovino groaned. Then he realized what Feli had said. "Wait, you have his number?"

well, this was short and horrible :p

again, based off a headcanon by EternallyInvisible!

leave a vote/comment if you liked