Prussia x Austria - The Beginner's Guide to Piano

This oneshot was requested by SarahBarisas! Thank you for your request, and I hope you enjoy the story!
Also side note: no, I'm not dead, just waiting for requests :p
and working on that story im gonna start soon (help im buried in ideas)

Roderich Edelstein was never late.

It was something he prided himself on, that fact that he was never late. Seeing as anyone being late to his company annoyed him to no end, and that he was a practical man, he ran the extra mile to make absolutely sure he would not be late to anything, whatever it was.

Which was why he was especially happy this morning. He'd woken up nearly an hour early, for some reason or other that he couldn't quite place, but that was a good thing, since he'd had time to finish some extra credit work that had been assigned a few days before.

"One large dark roast, please. No whipped cream or toppings." A rather boring and predictable order, but then again Roderich's life was boring and predictable, so why not just go with the theme?

He paid and found himself sitting cross-legged, facing the window looking out onto a city just waking up. He watched cars putter by, people crossing the street, morning light just glinting off of huge glass windows. Everyone so preoccupied by their own business.

Roderich checked his watch impulsively, and released a breath when he realized he still had tons of time.

"Rodney?" a bored voice from the counter called. Roderich pursed his lips as he got up and took the coffee, offering a prim nod for politeness' sake.

'"Rodney", seriously. What's next, Ronald?' he thought in annoyance, barely keeping back an eye-roll as he headed to the door.

He wasn't really paying attention to his surroundings, which was bad because he ran face-first into the door. Well, he would've, had someone not opened it from the outside first.

"Oh, thank... you..." Roderich trailed off, vaguely feeling his jaw drop, and thank God the coffee cup didn't drop out of his already-numb hand.

"Gilbert?"

Gilbert Beilschmidt was a troublemaker. Of this, there was barely any doubt. Everything in the book, everything you could think of, he'd done it - and even a few things you hadn't thought of, like the day the elementary school was somehow infested with baby turtles. It had never been proven, but always crystal-clear that it had been Gilbert.

And the only person who didn't either worship him for it or follow his example was Roderich Edelstein, apparently.

"Will you stop it?" Roderich turned around,  practically spitting in anger, as the tapping at his chair ceased and he was faced with a very smug Gilbert.

"What's the answer to number ten?"

"I'm not telling you! Just leave me alone and go bother someone else, why don't you?"

"Trust me, I would. You're pretty boring, but no one else has the answer to number ten."

Roderich balled up his fists, feeling the crescent-moon shape of nails in his palms, and glared. He opened his mouth to fire back another snappy response, but was stopped by another tap on his shoulder.

"Hey, Roderich? What's the answer to number ten?"

That was it. Roderich was about to stand up and give the entire class a piece of his mind, but the person who had just interrupted his and Gilbert's exchange stopped him.