Nyo!Switzerland x Austria - Weeping Willow

A/N: This oneshot was requested by EternallyInvisible! I've tried my best on this oneshot, since it is the first one after my writer's block pause ahahah... anyway, I hope you enjoy the story!

Her fingers flitted lightly over the keys, light as a butterfly's touch, but the sound resonated across the silent room. Eyes closed, face serene. It was beautiful in that way that only music could be. But nothing so perfect could last, as it was then that she hit a wrong note.

Lillie opened her eyes with an exasperated sigh, her fingers moving away from the keys. "Oh, I can never get past that bit!" she turned to Roderich. "But I did okay, right? At least, until I messed up?"

Roderich stood up from his chair, clapping lightly. "Yes, Lillie, that was very good. Especially since it's only your third week."

"It'll be a month in just two days!" Lillie said proudly, getting up from the piano.

"That's right." Roderich mumbled distractedly, shifting through sheet music on his desk. He had forgotten the exact date Lillie began lessons, but she was already showing her surprising amount of talent. "Remember, practice for an hour every night."

"I know, I know."

"Mhmm." Roderich continued packing up his briefcase. He looked out the window. It was raining quite badly - a normal thing during springtime, but still. "Ah, the weather's not very good." he clicked his tongue and pulled on his navy-colored coat.

"Oh, I love the rain!" Lillie said excitedly. "You know, my sister and I stomp in puddles every time there's a storm!"

Roderich almost chuckled. It was obvious that Lillie looked up to her sister greatly. There was yet to be a single lesson where she had not been mentioned, for a variety of things ranging from her opinion on silk curtains to her stance on animal rights.

He and Lillie sat in a comfortable silence as the minute hand on the clock moved closer to twelve. Roderich tapped his foot on the ground. "Your mother's late." he said. Tardiness was one thing he hated. A lot. "But I suppose it's alright today, since the weather isn't exactly preferable today." he sighed.

"Ah, sorry, Herr Edelstein! It won't happen again."

"It's all right, Lillie." Roderich smiled. Just then, there was a loud rapping on the door. "Oh, that's probably her now."

Roderich stood up, smoothing out his coat, and opened the door. A gust of rainy, humid wind instantly blew in, and a girl about his age stumbled inside. "Sorry." she gasped, her cheeks red from rain. She had soft blond hair cut an inch or so above her shoulders, leaf-green eyes, and was wearing a thin black hoodie and ripped black leggings. Roderich felt that he knew her from somewhere, but couldn't think of where. She probably just had one of those faces.

"The weather snuck up on me. I normally don't let anything distract me, but oh well..." she continued.

"It's all right." Roderich said. "It happens to the best of us."

The girl froze, Roderich almost bumping into her. She turned around, and finally looked him full in the face. She really was rather pretty, wasn't she? But the look on her face was something torn between shock and disbelief.

Roderich frowned. "Is there a problem?"

The girl waited for a moment. After a moment of Roderich staring at her expectantly, she opened her mouth, then closed it, then finally looked away. "No." she said shortly, breezing past him with a completely closed-off expression on her face, very different than the apologetic look she'd worn just a few seconds ago.