Chapter 28 It's Never enough.

Lizzie's POV -

"Jackie baby, meet Lizzie, she's Harry's girl- , I mean she's his friend, and now we're friends too" Spencer said with a smile and took a seat beside Jake.

Jake was a tall guy with brown hair spiked up. He was good looking, but definitely not more than Harry.

Talking about Harry, he was smiling while chatting with Jake but his smile got wider when he saw me, which gave me butterflies.

"Hello" I said politely.

"Hey" Jake replied and hugged me from the side. "And my name is Jake by the way, not Jackie baby.." He said chuckling and romantically rolled his eyes just to see Spencer. God, they were cute.

"Yeah, I figured that out.." I said smiling at him.

"Yeah intro over now.. Liz, you have to taste these, these are amazing" Harry interrupted in between and held a chocolate brownie close to mouth to make me taste it. And, as a reflex, I took his hand and tasted it.

"Aww..." Spencer teased and leaned her head against Jake's shoulder, to which Harry rolled his Jade green eyes.

"Why don't you guys go upstairs and let me have some alone time here with my girl.." Jake suggested, and pecked Spencer's lips.

"It was nice meeting you two" Harry said laughing and took my hand.

"Bye" I quickly said to both of them.

"See ya later Lizzie" said Jake while Spencer gestured a wave while smiling.

"I'm sorry about them" Harry whispered with an apologetic smile.

"No need, really, I enjoyed.." I said with a smile.

We walked in Harry's bedroom and he sat on the bed waiting for me to join him, so I sat beside him.

"You look Pretty tonight" he said smiling shyly.

"Thank you.. but you told me that already " I smiled at him. I knew, he would ask me out, maybe. No, not maybe, he would definitely ask me out.

"Hmm, it's never enough" he said looking straight into my eyes and my cheeks instantly turned red. Was he flirting?

"Umm, did you like the brownies?" he said. Seriously Harry?

"Yeah, they were just like you said, amazing.." I replied. Maybe he was shy so he started a conversation. Ok you can drop it now, I'll say yes.

"I'm glad that you liked them" he said and smiled. "So, umm how's Louis?"

"He's good" I replied. "Why do you ask?" I asked him. Louis shouldn't be the topic tonight Harry.

"Just wondering.." he said sensing that I was irritated. "I umm bought something for you.." he said changing the topic. Here we go...

He went to pick a carry bag from the side table beside his bed and pulled out a bouquet of red and white roses and he pulled out a small box which he smiled at nervously. And my eyes went wide, which he noticed.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to ask you to marry me" he chuckled. I just smiled in response.

"Well, these are for you" he said handing me the flowers "and it's just a promise ring" he said opening the box which had a beautiful ring with leaf shaped diamonds studded in it.

He took my hand, while his own was shaking a bit, and said, "I know that we met for a work relationship but.." he paused, "I really like you Lizzie, and I'm not asking you to be my girlfriend just yet because that's purely your choice.. I'm just asking you for one chance.." he lightly squeezed my hand and said "will you consider dating me?"

I was going to say yes and hop into his arms but Spencer entered his room without even knocking.

"Guys, I.... Did I interrupt something important?" she said apologetically.

"Yes you did." Harry replied with complete seriousness. "What is it Spence?" Harry said annoyingly.

"I just.., we were dancing and Jake said we should call you two too.. But I guess you guys are busy so bye!" she said and quickly turned around.

"No, Spencer.. we're coming.." I said, it wasn't her fault anyway, she must be used to coming in the room without knocking.

But I felt sad for Harry, he really had planned it all and his very best friend interrupted in. He managed to smile at me but I knew he was disturbed.

We went downstairs where all the people who were mostly Harry's and Spencer's friends were dancing like they didn't care about anything. Seeing them like that gave me positive vibes as everyone of them was sober. Kind of expected at Harry's party. Since it wasn't an alcohol drowned party but a small get together of friends.

"Guys! Down here!" Jake shouted smiling at us and blowing kisses to his girlfriend.

"I'm gonna go to the DJ" Jake said and walked away and after a minute the music stopped.

He had a mic in his hand and said,"Okay people, as we had already enjoyed fierce dancing, I'm gonna play a few slow songs and then we get mad again with some rock songs". Everyone, shouted yeahs positively.

I wanted to slow dance with Harry so I turned to him but Jake held out his hand for me before me or even Harry could.

"May I get this dance?" he asked me. I didn't have a choice so I nodded.

********************
A/N -

Keep Reading :)