Chapter 31 Can we go get Ice Cream?

Lizzie's POV -

"Are you okay?" I asked Harry hoping that he was fine. He kept crying last time when he talked to Kate on phone. Not to mention all she said was a 'hello'.

And, that's why I was really worried about him, since I left him alone with Kate in his bedroom. I really didn't want to but I had to give some sort of privacy.

"Yeah, I'm fine.." he said and gave me a small smile. And I held his hand. "I'm sorry.." he said, after a while.

"For what?" I asked, confused.

"For I couldn't give you enough time tonight.. I really thought we'll spend sometime together but it all kind of got ruined.." he said and sighed. But to the contrary, I chuckled.

"Harry, I know you were willing to spend time with me and it didn't really turn out as planned maybe, but you Doctor, didn't ruin anything.." I said and smiled at him and squeezed his arm a bit, reassuringly.

It wasn't his fault at all. We were having an awesome time until Kate came.

"I didn't?" he asked me with a hopeful smile, which I returned.

"You didn't.." I replied and kissed his cheek. And he blushed a little I guess..

"What were you three doing upstairs?" he asked out of the blue.

"Umm.." I started.

*Flashback*

"I'll be outside" I told Harry and left the room. All I could think about what Spencer had just told me about Kate. "She tried to kill me". Well, that made me scared as hell. What if she hurts Harry? No, she is his ex, she probably won't right?

"Spencer!!!!!!!!" I shouted through the crowd, where I found her and Jake dancing to the loud music.

"Hey-" she started but I cut her off,"Kate's upstairs!!" I said, panicked.

"What..?!?" She said and we walked upstairs, no ran upstairs.

"Did I hear right? Is he with Kate?!?" She said as I , she and Jake stood in front of his bedroom.

"Yeah" I nodded quickly.

"What is Kate doing here, isn't she the girlfriend?" Jake asked Spencer, pointing towards me.

"Ofcourse she is, let me find out what the bitch wants" Spencer said and kept her ear close to the door, and gestured me to do the same.

"I don't think eavesdropping would be a good idea" I said, hesitantly. I'm not even his girlfriend yet so eavesdropping wasn't looking like an attractive option.

"You guys are useless." She said to me and Jake.

"Hey, you didn't ask me.." Jake said raising his eyebrows.

"Care to join Ja-" she started but he cut her off.

"Nope" he said smirking.

"Exactly" she rolled her eyes and got back to the door.

Jake chuckled and turned to me and started talking about random stuff to calm me down, maybe because he noticed that I was seriously panicked.

Soon we were looking at memes on his phone which made him laugh but didn't seemed funny to me at all. Not that the memes weren't funny, but the timing wasn't helping.

* Flashback end *

"Wow." Harry said shaking his head and chuckling. Aww....

"I'm sorry for them too, I know they both are annoying but believe me they're good human beings.." he added.

"You don't need to be, I don't really think they're annoying, they're cute.." I replied. Honestly, after seeing them together, I felt like they were made for each other.

Harry didn't reply, just smiled and nodded. We were standing in silence when I decided to break it.

"Can we.. Can we go get Ice Cream..?" I asked him, to be honest I just wanted to spend some time with him and I didn't want to go back in his house which seemed full of surprises tonight.

He looked at me, confused for a while but then nodded like he got the idea.

"I'll be right back with the keys." He grinned.

He had three cars, out of which one was out for dropping Kate home, so we drove in his Audi to a nearby Ice Cream parlour. I had insisted on walking but it was late and Harry being Harry, didn't agree on walking in late night.

-----------------

"Usual Chocolate chip or you wanna try something new?" He asked me, and my heart fluttered to the fact that he remembered my favourite ice cream flavour. We used to talk about our interests on lunches on work days. Good old days.

"Something new.." I replied. "How about this.." I said as I scanned the small menu and my eyes landed on a purple coloured Ice Cream, named Black Current.

"Okay.." He smiled and called the waitress who was taking the order grinning at Harry which I didn't like.

"Two Black Curr-" Harry started but I cut him off.

"One, Black Current Ice Cream Please.." I said and the waitress showed me a forced smile and went away.

"Lizzie?" Harry asked, confused.

"We share." I stated simply and I scooted my chair closer to him. "You don't have a problem with it do you?" I whispered to him.

He came closer and whispered back to me, "Ofcourse not" he said and smiled.

We talked about random things, while eating Ice cream from the same Glass. Cliché I know, but I was loving it. Harry even spooned me sometimes, well, most of the times and I felt like I was on cloud nine.

------------

"So.." Harry started as we stood at the front door of my house. Well, technically, his.

"So.." I replied mimicking him.

"Thanks.. For coming tonight.." he said.

"Thanks for inviting me.." I said and he smiled nervously, and came closer.

He slowly leaned in and kissed me on the lips and I kissed him back. The kiss wasn't like any we've had before, it wasn't a heated one, it was short and sweet, nervous but yet so sweet.

Harry pulled away slowly and caressed my cheek, "Goodnight" he said.

"Goodnight" I replied.

With that, he once again pecked my lips and took a leave after waving goodbye.

And, I finally decided to write down in my personal diary,

New Characteristic - Great Kisser.

************
A/N -

Hey People !!

Keep Reading :)