Step 1 : Make free time

*EDITED*

Jamie's POV

  "Woo!" I yelled as I dropped all of my notes into the bonfire. I know I'll probably have to recopy them next year, but......oh well.

  "Yeah, baby!" Kianna yelled as she too dropped her own in the fire.

  She and I both looked at June who was looking at us with amusement dancing in her eyes.

  "Well?" I asked.

  June's eyes widened.

  "Yeah....no thank you. I prefer to keep my notes so I don't lose my knowledge on the stuff that I've been working all year on." she said, giving us pointed and judgemental looks.

  Kianna and I rolled our eyes and yanked her notes out of her hand and threw them in the fire anyway.

  "Guys!" she gasped.

  Kianna and I laughed and pulled her in for a hug.

  "Come on, June! This is gonna be one hell of a summer! Who needs notes?" Kianna grinned.

  I nodded in agreement.

  June rolled her eyes.

  "Yeah, alright. You could've just told me that instead of acting like barbarians and throwing it into the fire." she said.

  Kianna and I exchanged mischievous grins.

  "Hey, girlies!" we heard coming from the car park.

  "Howie! Liam! It's about damn time you guys came!"

  Howie rolled his eyes.

  "I know, I know! You know how traffic is." he explained as he dropped the beer cooler and he picked up a giggling Kianna and planted a kiss on her lips. 

  I rolled my eyes as Liam did the same thing to me - minus the kiss on the lips. Liam made his way over to June and hugged her too. Howie hugged me and planted his lips on my temple.

   "So, how is my favourite psychiatrist doing?"

  "Well, minus the continuous phone calls from an annoying and persistent ex-boyfriend, I'm good." I said.

  Howie frowned.

  "Do I need to kick his ass?" he asked me, throwing an arm around Kianna's shoulders as we took our seats on trunk stumps that surrounded the bonfire.

  I chuckled.

  "Yeah good luck with that. All you'll end up with is a fine, a twin bed, a not-so fashionable orange jumpsuit and a nice view of barbed wires and not very attractive police officers along with a bucket for a toilet." I said.

  "Oh yeah! He's in the police force isn't he?" Liam said.

  I nodded. I got up from my seat and grabbed the abandoned beer cooler. I brought to where we sat and handed out beers to everyone. Then I took out a plastic water bottle and threw it at June who caught it. She's the only one out of the five of us that doesn't drink.

  "I still would kick his ass." Howie muttered before taking a swig of beer.

  I grinned and shook my head as I too took a swig.

  "When are the rest of the people coming?" June asked.

  I checked my phone : 7:45.

  "Fifteen minutes."

  Howie chuckled.

  "Well before anyone comes I just wanna do a cheers with my four best friends." he kissed four bottles of beer. "Oh, and you guys, too!" 

  We all laughed and Kianna slapped him playfully. I grinned and sipped again.

  "Anyways, the year has ended, and guess what guys? We made it!"

  We all cheered and lifted our drinks to that and took another swig.

  "Alright, now, here's to friendship," he said.

  "Partying." Kianna grinned, leaning into Howie.

  "Hot chicks." Liam smirked.

  "Ice cream."

  They all gave me a look.

 "What? It's good!"

  They all rolled their eyes, but accepted it. Then we all looked at June.

  "Summer reading and no breaking laws!" she grinned happily as she lifted her bottle.

  We all gave her blank and unimpressed looks.

  She rolled her eyes.

  "Okay, okay. Also booze." she said.

  We all cheered again and raised our bottles and grinned.

  I stood up on my stump.

  "HERE'S TO SUMMER!" I yelled.

  We all clinked our bottles together and laughed around.

 **********

SO.........first chapter is up and it's quite short, I know. 

The chapters that are coming up won't be as short and will hopefully be longer than this.

 If you like my story, please comment and vote.

I really love reading your comments so don't hesitate to do that.

- Blue_Cappucino