Step 10: Use a different strategy - get close to your neighbour

*EDITED*

Jamie's POV

  It's been a week since June's date and of course, my amazing attack on Mr. Jackson.

  According to June, she and Greg had went to some arcade close to the beach. She also told us that they walked around on the beach and talked about random stuff. Greg managed to get June back to Kianna and Howie's apartment before curfew (or should I say, Kianna's curfew). June said she had an overall good time, which was basically all we wanted.

  Mr. Jackson and I haven't been at it for a week. I actually haven't even seen him or spoken to him ever since my little Nerf gun attack. Not that I feel bad or anything.

  No, I feel absolutely horrible.

  And to top that all off, I still haven't gotten my Nerf gun back.

  I haven't heard any noise coming from his apartment or anything. It actually kind of worries me. What if he moved out? Did he get sick of living next to his obnoxious neighbour, who may or may not have shot him with paint and humiliated him? Possibly.

  And that worried me. What worried me even more, was the fact that I worried about what he thought.

  I still thought he was an asshole, though. At least that never changed.

  Me being worried about Mr. Jackson just proves that I have a conscience. That's right,  a guilty conscience. 

  But, despite my thoughts, I force myself to believe that Mr. Jackson is just busy, I mean, he can't be wearing those fancy clothes just for fun, right? Yeah, he's probably just working. 

  Wait, what if he's like a CEO of some popular place like Wal-Mart? He'll probably ban me from ever going to Wal-Mart! Where the hell else am I supposed to ride around in shopping carts and jump in a huge cage filled with those huge bouncy balls? 

  Shit. I should probably apologize.

  But, if I apologize, he will probably not forgive me. I mean, he's probably plotting revenge right now! Wait, what if he's not bothering me because he knows that I'll eventually feel guilty? What if he wants me to go to his door and apologize, because it's apart of some twisted revenge plan?

  Oh hell no. Nuh-uh.

  I will not be predictable. Damn him!

  But, what if he's actually moving out because of me? I mean, I know I'm definitely a nuisance, but am I that bad of a nuisance?

  I put my head in my hands and groaned.

  "Whatever, if he's leaving, it's not my damn problem." I said to myself, and then nodded in self-assurance.

  I slid open the doors that led to my balcony and plopped myself down on one of the chairs. My apartment was definitely quite small, but the view that I got from my balcony was worth it. 

  Over the past week, I've been staying in my apartment, watching movies, eating ice cream and drinking. I've only come out to work or if my friends wanted to go somewhere. 

  My phone started ringing as I set down the bottle of wine.

  I furrowed my eyebrows when I saw an unknown number flash across the screen.

  I answered the phone and pressed it to my ear.

  "Hello? Who's this?"

  "Hello, Jaimelynn." my mother's voice rung.

  I cringed at the mention of my full (and embarrassing) name.

  I cleared my throat.

  "Hello, mother." I said.