Step 24: Take some time off.....you worked hard!

*EDITED*

Jamie's POV

  "I'm here to visit Eli Jackson." I told the receptionist.

  "Name?"

  "That won't be necessary Celine. I've got it from here." a voice said from behind me.

  The woman nodded and concerned herself with the next person.

   I turned around and saw Eli in his business wear; a black blazer, matching pants, a white dress shirt underneath and a black tie along with shiny black dress shoes.

  "I brought you lunch." I held up a brown packet that was stained with small grease patches from the contents. He didn't answer, just briskly walk up to me and sweep me off of my feet, quite literally. He planted a kiss on my forehead and put me down.

  "I'm on my break, so we can go somewhere if you want."

  "Well, I took your advice and went to check out Central Park."

  It's been five days since I've landed in New York, and five days since Eli and I decided to become a 'thing'. While Eli went off to work, I would go walk around, take a taxi to some of Eli's suggestions, or go to a near by shopping area. But when he was done work, we would go out for dinner and some drinks. He would drive me around, and we would do like we used to; sing our lungs out.

  I also made sure to keep my promise to Kianna and Howie and call them every night before going to bed. I told them that things went well and Howie would always demand to talk to Eli. Apparently, Howie enjoys threatening Eli.

  "What? Without me? How dare you!" he pulled me close to his body and pinched my cheek. I rolled my eyes.

  "We can go there now! Go get your overcoat though. It's raining."  I said and held up my umbrella, "Hence my umbrella."

  "Wait here." he pointed at a chair, before jogging in the opposite direction. After about five minutes he returned with a hat on his head and an overcoat, making him look all posh and businesslike. 

   He took my hand and we both went outside. I opened up the umbrella and we walked along the path.

  Then, I saw something glorious.

  "Hold this." I shoved the umbrella into Eli's hand and ran up ahead. Then I jumped and landed in a huge puddle. I started dancing around in it and making huge splashes.

  "Baby, what are you doing?" he inquired, with a raise of an eyebrow.

  "What does it look like?"

  "You're such a child." he laughed.

  "Join me!"

  Eli contemplated this for a moment, then, "Well, if you insist."

  Soon, we were both children jumping around in the puddle and dancing. People gave us odd stares and whispered things to one another. We didn't care, we just continued laughing and dancing.

**********

  "Jacob. Jacob would be a better boyfriend all the way."

  "Then why didn't she choose him?" I snapped, "Obviously Edward is hotter! As I told the taxi driver a couple of weeks ago, he glitters! Which woman would pass that up?"

  He rolled his eyes, "Jacob's hair is better!"

  "No, it really isn't."

  We were in the middle of a Twilight marathon, and he decided to say that Jacob would be a better boyfriend.