Step 15: Don't get carried away!!

*EDITED*

Jamie's POV

  "Why the hell weren't you picking up your phone!?" Kianna yelled, waving her arms around like a mad woman. Which she was, in both ways. 

  "I, uh, I, well--" 

  "No answer hmm? Do you have any idea how damn worried I was last night? I thought you were struck by lightning, girl! I almost made Howie call the police on your ass!" she yelled as if she was scolding a child. 

  Howie sat on my recliner and nodded in agreement as she spoke. 

  Then he pointed at Kianna and looked at me with wide eyes.

  "I almost did call the police! All because you what?"

  "I went on a run and forgot to bring my phone," I mumbled.

  "You what!?" he said, holding a hand at his ear mockingly.

  I huffed.

  "I went on a run and forgot to bring my phone," I repeated a bit louder.

  "That's right." He nodded.

  After I left Eli's apartment, I did my usual routine: brush my teeth, get dressed, and eat breakfast. But halfway through my Cap'n Crunch, I heard a knock on the door. I went to answer it, and that's when all hell broke loose.

  "Howie, we need to do something about this. I can't - I can't--" Kianna stood in front of me, looking down at her shoes.

  "I know, I know, hun. What should we do?" he asked.

  "I don't know. Do you have any ideas?" she asked.

  I sighed.

  "Guys, I already apologized like, fifty times! Plus, it was just the one time!" I exclaimed.

  Howie scoffed.

  "Just the one time? Just the one--! Don't you remember that time we left you in our apartment, to go get drinks from the liquor store? Then, we came back and realized you were gone. Gone! We were this close, " he held up his fingers and barely put half an inch of spaced between them. "this close, to calling the damn police! Turns out, you went to Blockbuster because you found out that they had the fourth season of Bubble Guppies!"

  I chuckled.

  "Oh yeah! I remember that! That was the best season ever, guys! No regrets." I said.

  They looked at me, with no amusement. Instead, I could feel their rage-filled gazes burning into me.

  I coughed.

  "Okay, maybe I have some regrets now......" I added.

  They didn't say anything for about five minutes. They kept staring at me and didn't move a muscle. I started wiggling in my seat in discomfort.

  "You're grounded," Kianna said.

  "What?" I said in disbelief. 

  Howie nodded enthusiastically.

  "Yeah! You, missy, are grounded! G-R-O-U-N-D-I-D! Grrrrr-ounded!" he said, swiping his index finger at me.

  "That's right! Wait, I mean......that's wrong!" she shot an 'are you stupid' look at Howie, who shrugged. She then turned back to me "No TV, which means no Netflix! No drinky - which his wine - and absolutely no ice cream!" Kianna said.