Step 22: Track down your neighbour...who else are you going to annoy?

*EDITED*

Jamie's POV

  "Are you kidding me right now, Jamie?" Kianna said as I rushed around the apartment, throwing random clothes into my suitcase.

  "Kianna, you read the napkin! I can't just stay here, knowing he feels something for me!"

  "And what about you? You feel the same way?"

  I scoffed.

  "Of course I do! I wouldn't be running around my room like the frickin' Road Runner if I didn't Kianna!"

  Kianna narrowed her eyes.

  "Okay, so you're telling me, it took you him leaving, an almost-kiss, a couple of drinks and a fifth-grader love poem, to realize he was into you?" she said incredulously.

  I stopped my movements.

  "I guess so? Why do you ask?"

  Kianna scoffed.

  "Well, because we all kinda knew it from the start."

  "What? How?" I said, resuming my actions.

  "It was painfully obvious, Jamie! He offered to take you out for your 'punishment'" she made air quotes, " and I know this sound so effin' cheesy, but the way he looked at you was what gave it all away."

  I rolled my eyes.

  "So what, did you guys come up with a ship name and all of that stuff?" I asked.

  Kianna didn't say anything.

  I looked up at her and saw her looking at me with a sheepish smile. 

  I groaned, "What is it?"

  "Jeli." she snickered.

  I rolled my eyes and continued shoving random clothes into my suitcase. I soon packed everything up and shoved my passport into my jacket pocket.

  "I still can't believe you're actually doing this." Kianna continued muttering behind me as I locked up my apartment.

  "Well, better start believing it," I said.

  "So what? Straight to the airport, now?" 

  A slow smile grew on my face, "Not quite."

**********

  "I'll be about ten minutes," I told Howie, before getting out. 

  I looked up at the Best Western and continued walking. I stopped at the receptionists' desk.

  "Hello, ma'am. How may I help you?" a middle-aged woman in a pantsuit-looking thing asked me.

  "I'm looking for a Barry Jensen. He said he was staying here."

  She nodded and looked at her computer.

  "Ah, yes. Barry Jensen. Room 462. Just let me call him. Can I have a name?"

  "Jamie Saunders."

  She quickly called him, told him my name and after a lot of 'uh-huhs' and 'of course sirs' I was told I could go up.

  I took the elevator and stopped at level 4. I counted the doors, 468......464......462!

  I quickly knocked.

  "It's open!"

  I entered the room and was met with a king-sized bed, some old floor lamp, a desk, and a TV. Barry was sitting on the bed, watching some news channel when I walked in.