Step 18: Go on another fake date??

*EDITED*

Jamie's POV

"Okay, so you understand the story and everything? Did you memorize it? Did you study every detail, Eli? Because one screw-up, and we're toast!" I snapped.

 "Okay, I'm having serious PTSD of high school right now." Eli said, holding up an empty test paper, "Please explain to me how this is necessary."

  I shrugged.

  "It's to make sure you understand the storyline! You know, so Carol doesn't find any holes in our 'love at first sight' story." I said.

  "Okay, I understand that. But did you have to actually make a test? I mean it even came with a bubble sheet!" Eli said, holding up a second sheet of paper.

  "What can I say? I am a fan of multiple choice!" I said.

  Eli rolled his eyes and checked his watch.

  "Oh God, we're gonna be late! Come on!" he grabbed my wrist and pulled me along.

  "Wait! If we're going to be late...." I pulled his arm back and made him stand straight in front of me. I started messing with his gelled up hair.

  "What are you doing, Jamie?" Eli snapped, prying my hands from his hair.

  "Well, if we're going to be late, we need to come up with another story, and the perfect story I have for that, includes both of our hair to be messy and you to have lipst--"

  "And I'm going to stop you right there because I'm afraid of where you're going with this," he said and continued pulling me with him.

  Eli and I were currently on our way to another fake double date. Carol had invited us both to some fancy restaurant that gave three-course meals that have little leaves on every single dish they give.

  Eli was dressed in a full tuxedo with a black bow and shiny black dress shoes. I complemented him by dressing in a floor-length black dress with small sequins on the straps.

  "You happy with the story?" I asked when we hopped into his car.

  "I'm just glad it doesn't include me having to be a stripper," Eli said.

  I chuckled, then patted his shoulder.

  "Ah, good times, good times."

  He rolled his eyes and continued driving.

  We soon arrived in front of a lavish restaurant. The words atop spelled 'Bellamy's' in fancy gold, cursive letters. Many men and women dressed in tuxedos and formal dresses were walking to and from the restaurant. Some old men were outside smoking cigars and laughing loudly at some unknown joke. 

  "Quite the place, huh?" Eli muttered beside me.

  I nodded wordlessly.

  "Well, we best get inside. They're probably already waiting for us." 

  I rested my hand in the crook of his elbow and allowed him to guide me inside the rather opulent restaurant. Once we entered, we were met with the sound of clinking glasses, candlelit dinners, and gorgeous chandeliers.

  "Good evening, sir. Do you have a reservation?" a waiter dressed in a fancy tuxedo with coat tail asked us.

  Eli looked at me then back at the waiter.

  "Er----I think so. Um.....Heathers for 7:30." Eli said.

  To our surprise, the waiter nodded and grabbed some menus.