Step 11: Get side-tracked by personal problems

*EDITED*

Jamie's POV

  I heard a loud groan come from outside.

  I cracked my eyes open and attempted to wipe away the sleep.

  "Son of a bitch! Shit!" I heard, from - I assume - the same person.

  "Fuck off, you frickin' chicken!" 

  Then I saw a pigeon fly across the window hurriedly.

  I groaned and got up, feeling like Satan decided to bring his drum set into my brain and bang the shit out of them. 

  I walked out onto my balcony and looked for the source of the continuous curse words.

  I looked to my side and saw Mr. Jackson, holding his head and groaning.

  "Could ya keep it down? I'm kinda going through something over here too!" I said, placing my fingers on my temple and attempting to massage them, so that the pain could miraculously go away. Too bad that doesn't work.

  "Well, I'm sorry that it sounds like someone's ringing fucking church bells in my damn brain!" he snapped.

  I rolled my eyes.

  "Well have fun with that, Mr. Jackson." I said, before walking back into my room.

  I grabbed four painkillers and two glasses of water before heading back outside. Eli was still sitting in the same position as to when I left him.

  "Hey, I got you something." I said, holding out two painkillers and a glass of water to him.

  He gave me a look of gratitude, before taking it. I downed my own pair of pills and sat down.

  "Never thought I'd live to see the day that Jamie Saunders would be nice to me." he said, handing the empty glass over his balcony railing.

  I took it and smirked.

  "Don't get used to it Jackson." 

  He shook his head.

  "I......Last night....was...it was..it was cool." I said.

  "Cool? Come on, Saunders, you can do better than that." he grinned.

  I rolled my eyes.

  "Oh, Jackson. It was amazing! Absolutely fantastic, like watching-horror-movies-while-eating-ice-cream fantastic! Just mmm!" I said enthusiastically, with a hint of sarcasm.

  He rolled his eyes.

  "Okay, okay." he put a hand up, but still kept a sly grin.

  "I thought it was watching-horror-movies-while-eating-ice-cream fantastic too." he said.

  I nodded and made a move to open the sliding door.

  "Oh, and Jamie?"

  I turned back, slightly surprised.

  "I'm so getting you back for that Nerf gun attack."

**********

  "Here's your drink, ma'am." I handed the lady her drink, as she tipped me. I have to say, quite generously too.

  "Ugh. I need a drink." Kianna plopped herself on a barstool.

  I rolled my eyes.

  "You know what Eddie says. No drinking on the job." I said, serving another customer and pocketing another tip.