Step 25:.....these are a lot more steps than necessary....

*EDITED*

Jamie's POV

  "You're being ridiculous!"

  "So being ridiculous equals not wanting too big of a birthday party?" I asked.

  "No. Not wanting too big of a birthday party equals being ridiculous." Kianna said matter-of-factly.

  I narrowed my eyes, "Riiight."

  "You called Eli, right?" She asked.

  "Yeah, and he said that he couldn't come because he had some work in court." I shrugged, even though I was a bit upset that he wouldn't be able to make it.

  She nodded.

  "That's fine. We can still make an amazing birthday party." she then smiled, "And, we can just invite people we know. It doesn't have to be such a big affair."

  "I still don't think--"

  "Kianna! Still bothering Jamie about her party? If she doesn't want one, maybe we shouldn't throw one!" Howie smirked and then winked at Kianna.

  I furrowed my eyebrows, "What was that?"

  Howie widened his eyes innocently, "What was what?"

  "What was that?" I pointed at his eyes.

  "Hmm?"

  "You winked at Kianna."

  "No, I didn't."

  "Uh, yeah you did," I said and raised an eyebrow.

  "Uh, no I didn't." he crossed his arms and matched my tone.

  I rolled my eyes, "Whatever, bro."

  "Well, I was just thinking, maybe I could take her out for some ice cream, and then bring her back home." Howie shrugged.

  Kianna shrugged too, "You cool with that?" she asked me.

  I nodded, "Sounds good."

  "Then it's settled! In two days, Howie will take you out for ice cream!" she smacked her hands down on the table with finality.

  "What's going on?" Liam appeared with a pancake in his hand.

  "Dude, where'd you get the pancake?" Howie asked, pointing at it.

  Liam shrugged, "In the kitchen."

  "Damn, I want one!" Then Howie sprinted towards June's kitchen.

  "We're just figuring out what to do for Jamie's birthday. Howie's taking her out for ice cream." Kianna nodded.

  "Oh. Ice cream, huh?" Then he winked at Kianna. I narrowed my eyes. 

  "Why did you that?"

  "Do what?"

  "That. The winking."

  "I didn't--"

  "You fucking winked, Liam."

  "Nuh-u--"

  "Just tell me, what's with the fucking winking!?"

**********

    So, they never told me what's up with the winking. But, I decided to put it at the back of my mind since you know, it's my birthday.

    Howie pulled his truck into the parking lot at the ice cream parlor. He killed the engine and jumped out. I did the same and met him at the front doors.