Step 21: Seek advice because these steps can only take you so far

*EDITED*

Jamie's POV

  I took a long sip of coffee, lost in thought. Liam looked over at me when he heard the sound. He lifted an eyebrow.

  "You good over there, Jamie? You seem a bit dazed today," he said, taking a sip of his own coffee.

  "What? No! What're you talking about? I mean, whatever gave you that idea?" I said, putting a smile on my face.

  Liam gave me a blank look.

  "Oh, I don't know, maybe the fact that you showed up at my apartment, piss-ass drunk!" he snapped.

  I chuckled.

  "Ah, yes. That was definitely fun. And also, if I'm dazed, it's probably from a hangover, genius!

  Another long sip.

  "Right, okay. Anyway, why were you--"

  Siiiip.

  "Drinking. Why were y--"

  Siiiiiiiiiiiip.

  "Can you stop sipping that damn thing!" he snatched the cup from my hands and slammed it down on the table, causing some of the coffee to slosh down on the side.

  He looked away from me, took a deep breath as if to calm himself, then faced me once again.

  "Now, James," he started in a much lighter tone, "tell me what's wrong."

   I propped head on my elbow, which rested comfortably on his granite countertop. 

  "Eli's probably leaving today, and I might never see him again, and I'm going to miss him because he means a lot to me, but I don't want to hold him down, you know? I mean, he's going to freakin' NYC! The Big Apple! And I want him to have a good life there and maybe get some more cool friends and maybe have a family? But the thing is, what if he forgets about me? What if, what if he'll just find this family and would never want to, or even need to see me again! Oh, God, I don't know! I just don't. Know! And I don't know if maybe we should still be keeping in touch, because then I might tell him one day to come back here, he's my bestie, and I need him because I might have feelings for him! And I'm afraid that if he does come back here, he will lose out on an amazing opportunity! So then, it was too much, so I found a lot of comfort in some Jack because life is just too damn confusing!"

  I was breathing heavily once I finished my rant. I looked up to Liam who just stood in front of me, taking a sip from my coffee.

  "Anything else?" he asked.

  I shook my head.

  "Well, I do think you have a bit of a .......dilemma. I mean, your man friend is leaving for NYC and you think he's going to forget you and never come back."

  I nodded.

  "Right, so I think maybe, you should tell him all of this. I mean, I can provide you with a whole bunch of pills and coffee and comfort, but nothing will help you more than telling him what you think. You get me?" Liam asked.

  I nodded, "Yeah, yeah I get you."

  "So, what are you going to do?"

  "Tell him what I think."

  "I didn't hear you!" he cupped a hand over his ear.

  "Tell him what I think!"

  "What!?" he yelled.