Step 19: So apparently we veer off track from here....

*EDITED*

Jamie's POV

  Knock. Knock. Knock.

  "Open the door, Ellie-poo! It's me!" I yelled with a smirk.

  I heard a loud groan, then footsteps.

  "Does she ever listen to me? She can just call me by my actual name, but NOO-OOO she just has to humiliate me!" he mumbled to himself as he unlocked the door. 

  I smiled widely when I saw him giving me an annoyed look.

  "Miss me?" I asked.

  He rolled his eyes.

  "It's been like two minutes, Jamie. We've repeated this process like five times already!" Eli said exasperatedly.

  "And you still haven't said what I wanted you to say. Shut the door." I snapped.

  Eli widened his eyes.

  "No! No! No! Okay, I miss you! I miss you!" he got onto his knees and hugged my legs, "Just don't make me go through the same damned knock-knock process again!" 

  I looked down at him in shock, but then smirked.

  "Promise to get me three large tubs of Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Therapy?" I asked.

  "Yes! Yes, anything you want!"

  "Even a Lamborghini?" I asked hopefully.

  He got up abruptly.

  "Okay, I'm not that desperate." he said.

  I sighed, "Worth a shot."

  I walked in and gave him the tray of cupcakes.

  "What're these for?" he asked, looking at the vanilla cupcakes that were glazed with chocolate. He told me they were his favorite as a kid.

  "Well, since you won the case, I thought it would be nice to bake you something. You know, a little mini celebration!" I grinned while hoisting my other arm up and revealing the bottle of tequila I had.

  Eli didn't say anything. He just stared at the cupcakes.

  I could feel my heart drop.

  "Oh, my God. You don't like it." I sighed, "Jeez, this was a bad idea. I'll--"

  I was interrupted by Eli picking me up off the ground. He swung me in circles while chuckling. He then put me down and held on to my shoulders.

  "No, I absolutely love this, Pookie. I was just shocked. No one's really done this for me before." he said.

  "It's just cupcakes and tequila." I pointed out.

  "That's maybe all it is to you, but it's much more to me," he said with a wise look in his eye.

  A big smile graced my face as I shrugged. He took the tequila and cupcakes on the coffee table and set up a movie. I went and got some glasses and sat down right next to him. 

  We indulged the cupcakes and tequila. We definitely got a little bit more than tipsy that night. 

  Eli had called me a couple of days ago (since I was at work) telling me that he had won the child custody case. Of course, me being me, I wanted to go and get some ice cream to celebrate right away. But seeing as this happened to be one of the biggest cases in the firm, many of his co-workers wanted to go and celebrate at a bar with him. Eli, being the cutest wittle thing, asked if I wanted to come, but I couldn't just barge into their fun little whatever! No, I'm special, therefore I get my special time to congratulate him.