Step 5: Take a day off

*EDITED*

Jamie's POV

"Okay, let's be real here. You kinda had that coming." Kianna said through the phone.

  "Well, I--"

  "Listen, first you annoy the guy by raising your volume up when he told you stop and then you call him out on viagra, which I'm pretty sure is false."

  "Kianna, you're supposed to be on my side."

  "Well, I'm on the side of righteousness-"

  I snorted.

  "-and your neighbour just happens to be on it."

  "Right, the righteous side, that is also known as the side with the super hot and sexy guy that you want your best friend to hook up with." I said.

  "Exactly." she said.

  "Right, okay. I've gotta go." 

  "Why? Where you off to?"

  "Well first, I'm going to have coffee with June so she can explain to me all the juicy details." I smirked.

  "Oooooh, make sure to tell me after. Or even voice record it." she said.

  I rolled my eyes.

  "Then, I have to get groceries-"

  "Which is like ten tubs - no sorry, twenty tubs of ice cream."

  She's not really joking.

  "-and then just lounge around I guess."

   "That's it?"

  "That's it."

  "Then you're coming to the club with us. I already talked to June, and she said no. Please talk some sense into her. Drag her by the hair if you have to. I know some dudes that could even kidnap her or some shit. You just have to say the word."

  I laughed.

  "You're crazy." I said, shaking my head.

  "You know it." she laughed.

  I checked my watch.

  "Okay, I've really gotta go. See you tonight?"

  "Yeah we'll pick you up around 8."

  "Sounds good. Bye, Kia."

  "Catch you later, babe."

**********

  I entered the cozy-looking coffee shop and smiled when I inhaled the smell of coffee and freshly baked muffins. Definitely one of my favourite smells.

  I looked around to see if June was already here, and of course, there she was, sitting in a corner reading a book. 

  I walked to where she sat and plopped myself right across from her.

  She didn't even notice.

  I peeked at the cover of the book and smiled when I saw it was also one of my favourites. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. Ahh, what a book.

  I cleared my throat to get her attention. 

  She jumped and dropped her book and almost spilt her coffee. 

  I giggled at her clumsiness, since I could also relate. I was quite clumsy myself.

  "Christ, Jamie! I didn't even see you there!"