Step 2: Get noticed

*EDITED*

Jamie's POV

  "Amazing party, Jamie!"

  "Girl, this beer is the shit!"

  I grinned as people kept on complimenting me on the party I managed to organize. I've definitely had plenty of parties at my apartment but I sometimes got complaints from my neighbours. Thankfully, almost all of my floor are leaving for summer break and the people that are staying don't seem to mind. 

  The very thought made my smile grow even bigger.

  Then, I soon saw June, sitting alone on one of the trunk stumps staring at the bonfire. I frowned, but immediately came up with an idea.

  Time to play matchmaker.

  I move my way through the thick crowd of sweaty, dancing people and found my vic-- I mean client.

  "Hey, Greg! How do you like the party so far?" I asked the muscular guy who was leaning against a tree and chatting up some girl. His legs were clad in some loose jeans and he wore a tight white shirt that stretched around his well-built physique. In his hand was a leather jacket which was carelessly thrown over his shoulder and his messy, curly brown hair was sticking out in all directions with plenty of strands falling over his forehead.

  In other words, bad boy material.

  He flashed me with his signature charming grin.

  "This party is definitely the shit, Jay." 

  I smiled in response.

  "Listen, I was wondering if we could talk for a second? Alone?" I asked him, looking pointedly at the girl he was talking to.

  He furrowed his eyebrows but nodded. The girl he was talking to scoffed at me and with a sassy toss of her perfectly curled hair, walked away.

  I grabbed his arm pulled him to a safe distance between us and June, who still sat on a trunk stump and drank her water.

  "Listen, I was wondering if you could keep June company?" I asked him.

  He looked at her, and then back at me.

  "June, as in June the Prude?" he gave me a look.

  I smacked him in defence of my best friend.

  "Ow." he muttered as he clutched his arm while still staring at June.

  "Look, she may look like a prude, but she's really nice to talk to and once you get to know her, you'll realize there's more to her than what meets the eye. She's not like those shallow chicks you're used to." I added with a roll of my eyes.

  "Okay, last comment was not needed. But, alright. I'll talk to her." he shrugged.

  I grinned.

  "Great! Now go." I shoved him in June's direction.

  He rolled his eyes and walked over to her. I saw him introduce himself and June introduce herself. When I saw that they got talking, I clapped my hands together and squealed.

  "What's gotten you so giddy?" Liam asked from behind me.

  I raised an eyebrow.

  "I'm surprised you haven't left to go 'do the deed' with some chick." I said.

  He huffed and crossed his arms.

  "Well I couldn't because Howie's my ride and I can't exactly just go and abandon my best friend."