Step 13: Find a new tactic....hang out with neighbor more

*EDITED*

Jamie's POV

  I checked myself in the mirror.

  Casual enough? 

  Yes.

  I take a good look at myself. The upper portion of my thighs was covered with my ripped jean shorts. To go with it, I wore a simple black cami top. I also curled my hair to look like I actually made an effort to look good. Have to look good for my fake boyfriend, right?

  I heard a knock on my door and checked my watch. 7:30.

 Just on time. 

  I opened the door to reveal Eli and to my surprise, he wasn't wearing his usual preppy attire. Instead, his legs were clad in loose-fitting blue jeans and a black shirt with a slight V-neck. To finish the look, he wore a leather jacket. Damn, he looked like one of those bad boys in high school. But now that I see him, it almost felt like the bad boys were trying to look like him instead, if you know what I mean.

 Bad boys were never really my type, but now that I looked at Eli, I decided bad boys were my type - in the form of Eli, that is. Looking at him now, you would've never thought he was an uptight lawyer who always told his neighbor to shut her music down. No. Looking at him now, you would think that he was one of Danny Zuko's friends. You would think that he rode a motorbike everywhere and had a million tattoos. You would think that he always cut class and didn't give a shit about grades or anybody.

   When I looked up at his face, I realized he had also been checking out my outfit.

  He cleared his throat.

   "You ready?" he offered his hand.

  I nodded and took it.

  He led me out of my apartment and waited until I locked the door before taking my hand again.

  "Have I told you that you look quite beautiful tonight, Ms. Saunders?" he said, flashing me his pearly whites.

  I blushed.

  "You look pretty good yourself," I said. 

  No, you look freakin' hot, man! 

  My internal voice needs to shut the fuck up. 

  "So, where exactly are we going?" he asked, as he held the door for me. I thanked him. Looks like chivalry isn't dead, whether it be real dating or fake dating.

  "The new pub near the beach. Shelly's I think it's called." I said.

  He nodded.

  "I've never been there before," he said.

  I nodded.

  He pulled out of the parking lot and joined in with the rest of the traffic.

  "So, Sweet Cheeks, tell me why you chose me to take you out on a date? Don't take this the wrong way, because I'm honored to have such a fine lady with me." he teased.

  I rolled my eyes.

  "Well, Howie is already dating someone, my best friend Kianna. Kieran knows that. Liam is a player and we've made it very clear to everyone that knows us that we're just friends. Then there was this other guy, Greg, well he's another friend of mine, but he's not my type and Kieran would know that." I said, looking out the window. "So, then, I thought of you, my dear neighbor and thought you were the perfect vict- date."

  He raised an eyebrow.

  "Last choice? I'm hurt, Buttercup," he said, putting a hand over his heart. His teasing tone told me otherwise.