Step 17: Hang out with your neighbour more

*EDITED*

Jamie's POV

  "So how did it go, Eli?"

  Eli shot me an amused look then turned back to Kianna.

  "It went well. I don't think Jamie will be missing phone calls from you guys any time soon." he grinned.

  "Good, good. Well thanks for taking care of her, Eli. We owe you one. You know she can be a pain, but you know, 19-year olds these days!" Howie thrust his arms up as in a hopeless gesture, "What can ya do?"

  Eli chuckled.

  "I getcha man--"

  I scoffed, "Puh-lease. You speak of me as if I'm some wacko teenager that laughs whenever someone says '69' or something."

  "Well, aren't you?" Kianna said in a 'duh' kind of way.

  I scoffed again in offense.

  "I'll have you know that one, I do not laugh at the number 69! I am a mature woman who thinks of the number 69 in the most non-sexual way! And two, I have physical proof that I'm not a wacko teenager because I had AA boobs but I'm proud to say that I am now an A! Yeah, that's right A! The big A!" I snapped, thrusting my boobs out while they all just regarded me with blank looks.

  "Riiiiiight." Howie drawled while I shot him a look of annoyance.

  "Well, we're going clubbing tonight!" Kianna grinned, pulling me into a hug. "Of course Eli, you can join us. I'm pretty sure our single little Jamie wouldn't mind the company." she shot me a cheeky smile while I gave her a murderous look.

  Eli chuckled a bit while he leaned against the door frame with his arms crossed. His dark hair was in its usual mess and his lips pulled into a wide grin that exposed a slash of white. 

  In other words, attractive.

  Wait, what? You're calling Eli Jackson - the same guy that dresses like a freakin' Triple P - attractive? You're better than this! 

  I shook my head and looked up to see Eli watching me with a small smile.

  "As tempting as that sounds, I have a lot of work to do on my latest case," he said.

  "Oh right! You're a lawyer!" Kianna said.

  He nodded.

  Howie scoffed.

  "Come on! You're ditching us for some case?"

  "Well, I mean if I don't win this thing, the kids will end up with an alcoholic mother who brings a man to her house every week." he said.

  We gave him a blank stare.

  "Then you already won the freakin' case!" we all yelled.

  It's true.

  He flinched but a small thoughtful smirk grew on his face.

  "I did, didn't I?" he grinned proudly and looked upwards as if in his own little fantasy land.

  I groaned and snapped my fingers in his face.

  "Alright Atticus Finch, you got your few minutes of glory, now are you coming or not?" I said, crossing my arms.

   He pondered over it for a couple seconds before shrugging.

  "Sure, I'll come." he finally said.

  "Gr--"

  "But I'm driving Jamie," he told Kianna and Howie.

  Kianna's eyes brightened at the thought of me alone in a car with the guy she ships me with. She pushed me towards him.