Chapter 9: How would you humans put it? That's right- royally screwed.

MAKE SURE THAT YOU READ CHAPTER 8 (In case this is the first notification you see, it's a double update homie.) I had work today and I wanted to die because all I wanted to do was WRITE. Feel me? Anyway, enjoy.

ALSO THANKS FOR 10k READS LIKE WHAT EVEN :O

* * *

Death was the law of nature- something that you couldn't escape no matter how much you tried. It came unexpectedly, sometimes painfully, sometimes you didn't even know that you had stopped living.

It's a cycle that always makes a full turn.

Except for Alice, that was never the case.  She was an anomaly. She could walk against the current and not reach the end or the beginning.

Alice's eyes snapped open. Dust particles danced in front of her eyes in the sun rays that filtered through a window, like fairies on a summer night. She heard the rush of blood within her veins as her body woke up, aching and pulling for something. Memories of the previous nights- whenever they were- rushed back to her; she had jumped over a railing. She had died and had been faced with darkness before she had been rushed back to her body. Colden was the first thing she had seen- he looked hopeful, relieved. Yet Alice wanted to be dead.

Why wasn't she dead? Frustrated tears prickled her eyes. Why her? Why was she being punished?

She went to sit up when the sound of clanking metal interrupted the silence. Her eyes snapped to the chains around her wrists, they were heavy and tight. Her blood boiled with fury, her lips curled back in a snarl and a pounding in her head resumed. How dare they? All they had been doing was treat her like an animal, a beast. A frustrated snarl escaped her mouth when they didn't loosen.

"Welcome back," Colden's voice was a guilty pleasure that she hated. His scent filtered into her nostrils and she couldn't help the way her body reacted- her eyes closed and her anger soothed. 

She hated him more than anything. "Unchain me." Her voice was hard as she tugged at the restraints once more, her canines on show. 

"No." Colden leant against the wooden dresser opposite the bed. Alice trailed her eyes back to his face- his hair was freshly washed and his eyes looked sunken in.

The words that he had spoken before she had come back echoed in her mind- his apology, the tears... There was a part of her that, even to this day, she ran from and it laughed- at his misery, at her own anger and at everything going on. 

It was dark and cold and it slithered along her body. She swallowed the acid in her mouth.

"No? I'm not asking, Colden. Unchain me now." Alice inhaled through her nose. There was no use losing her temper if she was chained and she wouldn't put it past him on what he would do. It was obvious, after her previous predicament, that running away wouldn't be as easy. She had to think.

"Not a chance sweetheart," a smirk grew from the corners of his lips.

Alice saw red. She lunged for Colden with her claws extended and yet her body was yanked straight back against the leather headboard, the red bed sheets rumpled from her anger. "You bastard, just let me go!" Her chest heaved up and down with every breath she took. A headache bloomed in her temple.

Her thoughts turned murderous when he laughed. "I'm afraid that's not how it's going to work." She watched as Colden pulled the wooden chair away from the oak desk that was pushed against a large window. He tugged it opposite to where he stood and sat, an inquisitive look on his face.