Chapter 22; little sprite

Sun danced across her eyelids as a yawn escaped her mouth. She heard the sound of running water in the distance, her ears twitching with recognition of Colden's humming. When Alice opened her eyes, she saw the sight of the alpha's naked waist, bent over the bathtub. 

She stretched lazily, noting the ache that spread through her body. For the first time in a year, she felt satisfied and at peace. Her body no longer hurt from tension at denying it what it had wanted. It was almost surreal. 

"You look like a cat when you do that," Colden stated, leaning against the tub with a smirk tugging at the corners of his mouth.

Alice blinked back her sleep and sat up. "I feel like a cat."

"As if you could sleep for 18 hours a day, you mean?" Colden raised an eyebrow with only what she could describe as male pride.

Alice hummed in response, not catching onto his teasing bait. She didn't think anything could spoil her mood that morning, not even the darkness in her. Shivers travelled over her skin as she stood and her stomach grumbled with lack of food; the meal Bona had left them had been forgotten the moment they had been left alone. Heat trailed up her cheeks at the thought of it and of what had transpired. As if he could sense her thoughts, a slow grin spread over his face.

"Come here," Colden's eyes darkened at the sight of her fully naked body.

Alice cocked her head to the side, noting his obvious arousal. She stepped freely into his arms, sighing in comfort. Guilt tried to wedge itself into her mind but she pushed at it, trying to enjoy the blissful peace that she was experiencing, even if only for one more hour. 

Without a warning, Colden picked her up bridal style and stepped into the heated water. It was a shock to her body as the heat came into contact with her skin, but soon her muscles relaxed and a satisfied groan escaped her. If she was to die now, and actually stay dead that is, she'd be perfectly happy. His chest vibrated with a silent chuckle as he kneaded her shoulders. The ends of her hair became soaked through, clinging to the back of her neck as he lathered her arms and back in soapy water. Just like that time in the small lake, Colden washed her hair, taking time to massage her scalp until she was a puddle of goo in his arms.

Once Colden was done with his ministrations, Alice repeated the favour, noting the way his chest vibrated with satisfied purrs and the way his inky black eyelashes feathered his cheekbones. His hair was like silk beneath her fingertips as she worked out the sweat and grime, her breasts pressed against his back. She could smell his arousal, feel the strain of his body as he restrained his beast.

Alice trailed her hand down his pelvis until it easily wrapped around his member. He relaxed into her palm, moaning at her tentative touch. Her own core clenched with need but this time, she wanted to only please him. After all, how many times had he worked his magic on her body? She left feather kisses on the side of his neck as she tugged and pulled, teasing the shaft of his member and every so often rubbing her thumb over the very sensitive tip. Colden's breath became laboured as he neared a release; Alice maintained the same slow and steady pace, even when he growled and nipped at her fingers to speed up.

Within a few minutes, Colden's body tensed as he came, shuddering beneath her hand and groaning so loudly that she was sure the beasts in the jungle could hear. 

Now clean and relaxed, Alice stepped out of the bath with a coy smirk on her face. Colden watched her beneath hooded eyes as she wrapped a towel around herself. His nostrils flared at the smell of arousal that leaked from her pores. But before he could pounce on her like she sensed he wanted, there was a sharp knock on the door. Alice tensed at the intrusion as Colden barely had enough time to wrap a towel around himself when the door slammed open.