Chapter 15; secretive bossy boots.

LONG ASS CHAPTER

 Thanks for 78k reads and 4k votes! I'm so grateful for all the support! 

I haven't decided yet whether I will be updating twice or once a week. I most likely will stick to twice but that will mean that I will keep the chapters at around 3k words each. The update days would be Tuesday and Saturday. This means that the next update will be Tuesday! Hope you understand :)

Also, I'm really not a fan of this new feature. I struggle to see all your comments as it is and now I'm getting notifications from people's messages??? No. Take it away wattpad!

* * *

The sound of crunching leaves echoed around them. Alice's breath rose before her in a cloud- despite her earlier assumptions, today would not be warm. Her eyes flickered to the sky above the canopy of trees and she was met with a cool blue colour with flecks of orange and purple. It was as if someone had painted a canvas with watercolours. She knew that it should be around 5 am.

Exhaustion coated her limbs with every step she took. Colden walked in front of her with leisured, almost relaxed, steps. The muscles in his back moved in a way that had her fascinated. After their earlier swim, which still brought heat to her face, they hadn't exchanged any words.

Alice could only hope that he wouldn't take whatever it is that happened the wrong way. She most certainly wasn't looking for a relationship, but perhaps they needed a truce. How long that would last, she wasn't sure. He was an infuriating man that thought he could boss her around...yes, she would still need to set those boundaries.

Of course, she should have done that today but...goosebumps erupted across her flesh. Alice inhaled at the memory of his lips on her neck. Colden's eyes snapped in her direction, dark and burning. She had forgotten that he could smell everything. A frown rose on her face at the smugness that waved off him. He definitely thought that he had won and Alice wasn't exactly in the mood to ruin his bubble. For the first time in a long time, sleep called to her like a drug. She didn't care where she slept, just as long as she didn't have to walk anymore.

The far too big cabin came into view. It looked even more impressive in the sunlight than it did at night. The wood was tinted caramel and ivy leaves trailed up one side of the building. It was dead silent, almost as if no one was there and yet she knew that it wasn't the case.

Over ten thousand people...Alice was curious to figure out how they fit so many in there.

The stairs leading towards the cabin creaked underneath their bare feet, the wood felt solid against her skin, grounding even. A breeze blew in their direction and Colden's scent once again swirled around her like the aroma you smelt the moment you stepped into a coffee shop. She felt like a fool everytime it hit her. It shouldn't be possible.

It was unnatural, strange, creepy...Colden pushed the doors open. And yet it was real. Just like the books, maybe more surreal than any fantasy she had ever read.

The interior of the house was just as extraordinary; the floors were a dark oak colour, the walls were either wooden, grey church brick or painted in reds and blues. In the centre of the large hallway stood an old centrepiece on top of- what appeared to be- a handmade table. It looked more expensive than her van. How it was undamaged in a house of wolves she didn't know.

Her eyes flickered towards the curved staircase, much like the one in Colden's house, on the right. It was made from the same wood as everything else was. It was strange that the house appeared even larger on the inside. It was like it was enchanted, as silly as it sounded. But if men and women could shift into wolves then surely magic was real too?