Chapter 14 part 2: if you say one more thing then I will spank you.

Prepare for the feels Y'all...Also, this chapter is SOMEWHAT mature. You'll see.

* * *

An hour or so into the drive they had stopped at a gas station to buy clothes for Belle and Colden. The cashier had looked terrified of her, granted that she was covered in blood and bruises, and it took all of her energy to persuade him that she wasn't in an abusive relationship and that she did, in fact, get into a fight with a cat.

It wasn't exactly far-fetched- they could be vicious.

There also came the fact that Colden wasn't exactly impressed when she returned to the car with Hawaiian shorts and a pink tank top for him. It rapidly decreased his already shit mood and she suspected that an argument was brewing between them. Once the adrenaline and tension had died down and they were certain that no Lycan's were after them, his worry had turned deadly. She suspected it was because of the stunt that she had pulled in the diner.

Her eyes flickered to the Gps that showed they were ten minutes away from the place Colden had said they were going to. Alice cast her eyes to the mirror and she was met with Colden's icy stare. It would have been funny if she didn't know any better. All Alice wanted was some damn peace yet this male had other things on his mind. 

"For the love of Diana, just have sex already will ya? The tension is making my eyes water," Dale's voice was laced with frustration, "I'm assuming that you two know how to bang, right?"

"Dale," there was a warning in Colden's voice.

"We nearly died, my friends did and all you two are bloody doing_"

"Dale!" Colden's snarl was startling. Alice's grip tightened on the steering wheel and it took all of her will to not sneer in his face. Despite the obvious fury etched on his face, his cheeks were stained red and there was embarrassment behind his eyes.

She didn't care. Not really. 

"Remember who you're speaking to," he snarled, his claws piercing the seat of the car. 

A sigh rumbled out of her chest as a chuckle passed Belle's lips. Dale had seemed to realise what he said- he cast his eyes down to his lap and she smelt the faint scent of his fear. He was no older than twenty-three at most and already had witnessed so much. Though she had to admit, he had balls.

"Leave the guy alone you big loaf, we're all a bit wound up. Besides, he's telling the truth." Belle's voice was croaked from the strain on her throat. Colden had already healed but she wasn't fairing any better. She wondered whether it was because Belle was a turned wolf and not a born one. Alice still had many questions that needed answers, ones that she needed to talk to Colden for. It wasn't exactly something she looked forward to.

Another sigh left her as her eyes turned to her own reflection in the mirror; there was a mighty bruise on the right side of her face where the Lycan had slammed her against the wall, her hair was skewed all over the place and blood stained her clothes. Not to mention, her arm still hurt. It was no wonder the cashier had wanted to call the domestic helpline.

"Any news on the diner and bridge?" She turned her gaze towards Dale.

"It's already covered for, some story about a gang fight off," sadness lingered on his face. 

Guilt gnawed at her insides at the realisation that he had just lost his friends- he watched them die one by one and he was the only one that lived to tell the tale. It was Alice's fault, she knew. Even if no one said it. 

Colden's gaze still remained on her face and she blinked back the tears, scowling at his reflection. He arched an eyebrow when she took a turn. They were heading towards a greener part of Houston. Trees lined the side of the road through the ground was somewhat dried out. She didn't doubt that when the sun rose it would be scorching hot.