2.

I stared wide eyed in to the face looking at me. He is the opposite of everything I had pictured Mr Parker to be.

He looked barely older than me!

"Ah Miss Griffin. Please sit." Mr Parker shook my hand.

I sat down on one of the two chairs on my side of the desk. I remained keeping my posture professional.

"What do you wish to discuss?" He asked in a dark voice as he held his hands in front of him on the desk.

"The money my father owes you."

I saw the frown on his face.

"Does your father know that you've come to discuss his business on his behalf?"

"No. But I want to help him."

Mr Parker was slightly startled by that. "How do you plan on offering that?"

Okay Gracie, you can do this. I dug in my leather bag and pulled out a thin manilla folder and handed it to him.

"Are you asking me for a job?" He sounded like he was amused.

"I am." I gave him a small but fake smile.

"Why would I give you a job?"

"Like I said, I want to help my father pay back what he owes you."

Mr Parker didn't even look inside the folder. "Why would I give you a job?" Mr Parker repeated.

Uh...

"Have you worked in any of the fields my company hosts?"

"No, but -"

"Have you studied in any of those fields?"

"No, but -"

"So you're not qualified in any way?" Mr Parker sounded so mean!

"No." I sighed to him. I could feel my confidence slipping.

"Then why would I give you a job?"

Okay, Grace. Think of a different tactic.

"From what I've read, you do nothing aspiring with your life. You party night and day."

I pursed my lips together. I should have guessed he read up on and me while I was waiting to see him. "I don't do just that."

"I can't have anyone working in my company that can hold a bad name for it, or ruin its reputation."

"I assure you, I won't." I was getting wound up now. I've had a few scandals over the years, but it left as quick as it came.

"I can't stake my reputation of my company with the likes of you."

I wanted to jump over the desk at that point of time and strangle him, but I restrained myself.

Think, Grace, you're digging your grave deeper.

"Especially a socialite princess that considers herself an internet model."

I frowned. An internet model..? Oh an Instagram model. I don't consider myself that. That's what every one else considers me as. Then the idea came to me.

"Do you have a marketing team?" I asked, suddenly feeling brave again.

Mr Parker looked at me in surprise. "Of course I do."

"So in that marketing team, they control the advertisements and what gets released to the public? They search what the public want? They deliver it, after your approval, of course?"