18.

Roman's P.O.V

"How is everything going?" I asked Katie on the phone.

"Good sir. Everything has been smooth sailing." Katie replied back.

"Good. I'll be back in on Monday."

"Very well sir."

I ended the call and sat back on the chair. I looked around the vast and empty house.

I had to get away for the week. I couldn't stay at my own company. Grace is suffocating me. And she doesn't even know it. I'm doing it myself.

When she stormed in at me in an emotional mess about her parents house, her childhood home, it got me thinking to mine.

I had this gem tucked away from the world, just rusting and rotting. I moved out when I was left alone. The house too big for just me.

Now I had men restoring it. It felt warm again and full.

I tapped a key on my laptop and went through my emails.

I had been keeping my tabs on Grace for a while now, well before the divorce, when I first considered this business marriage.

I have someone follow her every move. Someone different every couple days. Just so she don't feel suspicious.

I need to make sure she doesn't do anything stupid. Especially now, when I'm out of town.

I'm only an hour away, but a lot can happen in an hour. I flicked through the reports that get sent daily.

She had a quiet weekend at home. That's good. Monday she had lunch with who I'm assuming is a friend. I did see him before. Yes, at our wedding. At that party where I saw her sucking faces. He is Grace's friend. I felt slightly annoyed over this, but by the reports I have seen, they have been friends for years.

She didn't leave the office on Tuesday and Wednesday till she left to go home. Thursdays report was open in front of me.

I'm still feeling weird about today's report though. I looked at the photos provided. I didn't have anyone in her office to keep an eye on her. But she came out off the building with her father on Thursday and in again. Then very shortly afterwards she left again. I thought maybe she had a house to go to, but I double checked her schedule. She had none this week.

I was still a bit disappointed that her clothes were basic colours. Still no eye catching clothing.

Then a fresh email came through. I opened it up and the picture slowly loaded. I'm going to have to get decent internet coverage here.

Finally the picture loaded and I did not like what I saw.

Grace, smiling at someone. Then I scrolled down and I was seeing red. She looked concern as she touched the person's face.

That man from the other week.

The one whose nose I broke.

I was staying here till Sunday, but Grace just changed my mind.

"I told her to stay away from him." I said to myself as I got my wallet and phone. I snatched up my car keys and went for the car.

It was Thursday evening and I will need to contact whoever is covering her tonight to see where she is.

I put my foot down and sped on to the highway.

Grace's question popped in to my head. 'Why are you so obsessed with me?'

I'm not obsessed with her. Not in the way she thinks. I just want to, I sighed. I don't know what I wanted. But seeing her with someone else grinds me.