26.

Grace's P.O.V

Roman had taken me home later that Sunday. I had spent the day curled in my bed, my laptop playing something on Netflix, but I wasn't really watching it.

I heard a soft knock on my door and I ignored it. Just like I had ignored my phone ringing constantly, vibrating on my desk at the other end of my room.

"Gee?"

I groaned as I heard Dean call to me.

"Go away. I'm angry with you."

Dean came in and closed my laptop and sat on my bed. I rolled over.

"Grace. Come on you can't be mad forever."

"I can and I will." I told him childishly. Dean didn't move and I sighed. "Why did you do it?"

I felt Dean shift on the bed.

"Why did you, Macy, even Hope, do it?"

"Because you needed it."

My eyes closed. Do I want to know? "Needed what?"

"You need someone like Roman. I am your best friend, I always will be. I am your go to guy, your wake up call when you need certainty."

I blinked several times. He was.

"But, even I can't keep you firmly planted on the ground. Roman can. Look how much you have changed since meeting him."

It's true. I have.

"Do you even care being seen any more?"

I shook my head. "I don't like it any more."

"If I told you to get up and dressed, we are going to a party, what would you say?"

"No."

"Exactly. What would you have said three months ago?"

I thought about it. "I'll be the one convincing you to come."

"Grace, your socialite reign has finished."

My eyes widened. It is over. It has finished. And I felt no remorse, no pity, no sorrow. I rolled over to face Dean.

"But what if I wasn't ready to give it up?" I asked him. I wanted to have fun and party till I was old and wrinkled. But now, I didn't want that.

"Sometimes, queens don't have a say."

"I'm not and never was a queen." I scoffed at him.

"Okay, princess."

I narrowed my eyes at him. Roman calls me that all the time. He favours it more than doll. Dean didn't understand why I was glaring at him.

"What? You were a party princess."

I sighed. "I don't know what I want." I eventually said to him.

"You look different. Even in your miserable state." Dean teased at me.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Did you and Roman talk?"

My head snapped to him. "Talk?"

"Remember how I told you that you both need to talk about your feelings. That mushy crap. Clear the air."

I snorted. "Yeah."

"When did all this start?" I asked Dean as I sat up crossing my legs. I wasn't going to let him off so easy.

"What?"

"When you and Macy and my big sister that can't be in the same room as you, started setting me up?"

Dean scratched his neck.