56.

After my appointment, Roman drove me back to work and I went back to my 'home' once it hit 4pm.

Well, I planned to, but I decided to hit the shops and get some food. I'm starving.

My main priority was oranges. I needed more oranges. After loading my groceries in the car I went home to find someone leaning on the front door, legs crossed.

He looked up from his phone at me and waited.

Sighing, I got out off the car and went to the boot to get the groceries.

That's when Roman came down and took them off me.

"I can do it." I stated as I let the boot close. But Roman ignored me and not bothering to argue with him, I went through the door.

I got to the kitchen to see a hamper of oranges on the kitchen bench. "Did you buy more?" I asked him, unlocking my door.

"Well, yeah. You are eating a fortnight to a months worth every couple days." He said nonchalantly.

Roman placed my groceries on the bench and started to unpack them for me. "So did you." He muttered, taking out a three kilo bag.

I just shrugged as I placed some in the freezer. I've discovered I prefer them frozen.

"Look, Grace." Roman started and I sighed turning to him. "Thank you for today."

I frowned. "You already said that five times now." I pointed out to him, closing the freezer.

"And I'm thankful." Roman's frown got deeper. I dug through my bag and placed the car keys up.

"I know." I whispered, leaving my bag on the bench.

"I was thinking, that maybe, we could get some stuff on the weekend."

"Oh, sure." I got an already frozen orange and started to saw in to it.

Roman saw my struggle and went next to me, taking the knife out off my hands and started to cut the orange up for me.

"Thank you." I told him as I took the orange.

"So is Saturday at 10 fine?" Roman asked me.

"What for?"

I saw the annoyed look on his face. "Shopping."

"Oh, yeah. Yeah. 10, Saturday." I agreed as I sucked on an orange, opening my laptop.

I didn't realise I had left it on my account spreadsheet and quickly closed it. "What exactly did you have in mind?" I swayed the topic back to this shopping.

Roman frowned as he took the laptop, much to my disgust and opened it.

I pouted, looking away. It was a spreadsheet on my personal and business accounts.

"This looks bad, Grace." Roman muttered as he read it.

"I know. It's fine. I have a meeting tomorrow for another contract."

Roman sighed as he sat on the couch, my laptop in front of him as I took it off him. "It will be fine." I muttered. I wasn't sure if I was trying to convince him or myself.

"Just take my offer then."

"No. I want to do this myself."

"I didn't see that money I gave you."

I think that's what made me snap. I went to my bag and pulled out my purse, unzipping it. I took out the folded cheque and showed it to him. "This money?" I asked him as I held it in both my hands.