16.

My heart pounded harder and faster every time I made myself aware of the time. I felt like a little girl about to get in trouble from the school principle.

The minute hand slowly moved closer to the twelve.

I was holding my breathe as three o'clock came.

But nothing happened. I sighed. Maybe my calendar has been blocked so I have time to catch up on my work with no distractions.

But I was done. Earlier and quicker than what I thought I would be.

I nervously looked away from my wall clock and tapped away on the laptop. I hadn't allowed myself to think about this, till now. I slowly browsed through the photo collection from my photo shoots.

Then I found myself pulling up my personal photos.

There were hundreds upon hundreds of photos of me. My friends. Random shots. I miss Dean. I haven't seen him all week, but I have spoken to him on the phone.

I sighed as I closed all the programs and sat back in my chair, turning to the window.

I watched the city before me, the people on the ground and the cars flying by.

I jumped when the office phone rang and I turned around and picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Miss Griffin." Katie.

I had a small feeling I was expecting this call.

"Mr Parker wants to see you."

"Okay." I answered and hung up. I may as well finish for the day. I usually do between 3 and 4 not including this week.

I picked up my purse and went to the coat rack for my jacket.

"You can finish up." I told Toni as I pressed the elevator button.

I waited as I went on the elevator.

What am I going to say to him? How do I thank him? Come on Gracie, I said to myself. You said thank you to Roman on Friday. You can say it again. It's just two words.

I watched the screen ascend in numbers as the elevator got higher in to the building. My heart, I was sure, was echoing so loudly that if some one got on, they would hear it too.

"The thirtieth floor." The elevator sung out as the doors opened. I kept my head down as I stepped out, but someone grabbed my arm, putting me back in to the elevator.

I looked up in surprise as Roman stood beside me.

"I was coming." I told him.

"I know." He pushed the garage button.

"What did you want?" I saw his frown as he stared ahead. Was he displeased I said that?

Roman never answered me.

I turned to him. "Roman," I spoke, "I want to say -"

"Save it." He muttered out and my eyes widened.

I turned back to the door and I could feel his eyes on me.

It was making me feel uncomfortable. I sighed and turned back to him. "What?"

Roman was looking straight ahead again and kept ignoring me.

The doors open and Roman stepped out, expecting me to follow.

"Let's go." He snapped out.

I groaned as I walked behind him to his car.

"Get in."