41.

Grace's POV

I groaned myself awake. I was very uncomfortable and I opened my eyes to see where I was today.

The room looked familiar. The tv unit and coffee table too.

Then I heard a very loud whistle behind me, making me jump then whinge at the pain in my head.

"Good afternoon, sleeping beauty." Came the over loud voice.

I grimaced at it. I knew who it was.

"Dean." I groaned out as I sat up. "How the hell did I end up here?"

Dan jumped next to me and gave me a water bottle then opened his other hand and gave me some aspirin.

"I have no idea. Some one was knocking on my door yesterday arvo, had you slinged over her.  She said she picked you up outside that club we went to and you told her to bring you here."

"Who?" I asked him after chugging the water.

"I don't know some Sheila." Dean shrugged. "How are you? I left you asleep on the couch Monday morning and you were gone when I got home."

I stayed quiet as I took a few deep breathes. "I don't know. What day is it?"

"Thursday."

I frowned even though it hurt my head. "Oh fuck. I need to go home."

"Well, I'll drive you." I looked over to the clock on Dean's wall.

"I'm so dead. It's four thirty." I'm in so much trouble. I collected my things and followed Dean to the car.

"Have you been home yet?" He asked me as we got in.

"I don't know what I've done." I answered honestly.

Dean groaned as he started the car up and took out his phone. He swiped across, put in his passcode and tapped a couple times before giving me the phone.

"What the hell?" I muttered as I looked at the pictures. Me with topless women. Me with women in underwear. Me doing shots. Me doing body shots. Me dancing against a pole. "Oh for fuck sake." I dropped my head into my hands. "What have I come to? I don't even know where my car is. I'm in so much trouble. Hope, Roman. Oh, my life is just fucking perfect." I sarcastically cried out.

I sat back as Dean drove, me head resting on the head rest. "What have I become, Dee?"

"Look, Grace. The way I see it is you're upset and I get that. I do. Even though I do admit that I wouldn't have pictured you a maternal person, you are really shaken up about it. Losing something, like a baby is a big deal. Sometimes we don't realise that was exactly what we wanted until we have lost it."

I didn't say anything but just nodded in agreement as I watched our surroundings.

"I don't know if I can face him, Dean. He will be so pissed at me. I don't blame him. He blames me, Dean. It probably is my fault. I never wanted the baby. But he did. I wanted an abortion or even adopt him out. But I didn't. I decided to go through with it. One day at a time." I rubbed away the tears that were running down my face. "Now it's my fault."

"Oh no, Gracie. Sometimes these things happen and we just don't know why."

We sat in silence for several long minutes before I spoke again.

"I know. But it's still my fault."

"No, Gee. Don't say that. It's not."

"Thanks for the lift." I smiled at him. "I've yet to find my car." I rubbed my hands over my face.